Director Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Kisumu County Jobs
JG ‘R’ (1 POST) – KSM/CPSB/2019/031
- Direct activities related to dispatching, routing and tracking transportation vehicles and equipment Plant for optimum service.
- Direct the planning, organization and management of the staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with Department requirements and overall mission and vision of the County Government of Kisumu.
- Develop and ensure implementation of policies and procedures and enforce implementation of schedule and policy change.
- Collaborate with other directors and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Develop criteria, application instructions, procedural manuals, and contracts for county Government and hired equipment and plant programs.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budget.
- Direct and coordinate, through officers in the department, activities of operations department in order to obtain use of Plant equipment facilities and human resource.
- Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to plant equipment, vehicle, and facilities,
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safely procedures within the county.
- Conduct awareness and training to operators of Plant Equipment and vehicles.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies and budgets for increasing revenue and improving services of hired Plant Equipment within the County Government.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
- Set operations policies and standards, including and operation of Plant Equipment, Vehicles and other transport media within the County Jurisdiction.
- Recommend or authorize capital expenditure for acquisition of new equipment or property in order to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Prepare management recommendations, such as proposed fee for hiring of Plant Equipment and vehicles or schedule changes.
- Ensure employee training sessions on subjects such as team work, efficiency, employee orientation, quality improvement and computer use.
- Direct procurement processes, including equipment research and testing and requisitions approval. Maintain electronic data base of sales, registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trend.
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user surveys to forecast new requirements.
- Arrange fleets and fleet operational staff to provide support and schedule special event Planning.
- Perform vehicle registration, insurance and other formalities and documentation regarding induction of new vehicles in existing fleet.
- Oversee routine and ad hoc maintenance, and ensure schedule fleet management.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation in compliance with local and National government (Traffic) rules and regulations.
- Maintain and monitor data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Streamline and monitor fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all vehicles and drivers.
- Participate in various workshops and educational programs and maintain knowledge on all industry relevant publication.
- Develop and implement standard operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Provide direction to department staff to regulate budget cycle requirements and control budgeting process.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement though efficient settlement.
- Plan and prepare annual budget, expenditures and analyze all financial objectives.
- Facilitates and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve Kisumu County Government objectives.
- Implement and develop the framework, procedures and systems for irrationalizing and institutionalizing integrity Issues Cascading Performance Appraisal Systems (PAS), DIVISONAL Citizens’ Service Delivery Charters for all levels of staff deployed under the division as required by the principles. The performance Contracting with the County Government of Kisumu
- Served as a Mechanical Engineer in charge of Workshop or a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private sector for at least three (3) years;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Been registered by Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Attended a Strategic Leadership Development Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution; and
- Demonstrated general administrative ability required for direction, control and implementation of mechanical engineering programs
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Officer.
How To Apply
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website. All dully filled forms should be sent to the undersigned on or before 19th July 2019 at 4.00pm.
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 7792-40100, KISUMU
Hand delivered applications can be dropped at our offices located at Kisumu County Public Service Board Offices (Former M.E.O Office), Okore Rd, Milimani, Kisumu.
All candidates interested in any of the above positions must attach clearance certificates from KRA, HELB, EACC, CID, CRB and Commission for Higher Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: The County Government of Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer and women, the youth and persons with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply and also indicate so in their applications.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.