Latest Director Jobs In Kenya, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya August,
DIRECTOR, FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT- ONE (1) POST -V/NO. 170/2020
- served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving at the grade of Assistant Director of Fisheries, CSG 7 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields; – Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters degree in any of the following fields;- Fisheries, Zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Oceanography, Chemistry, Fisheries Economy, Fisheries or Environmental Law or any other relevant qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- knowledge of the fisheries development and management policies and strategies;
- in-depth understanding of national and international fisheries agreements, relevant legislations, conventions, protocols and the United Nations Convention on laws of the sea;
- knowledge of the concept of participative governance and the co-management systems; and
- proven merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
An officer at this level will head the Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture Management and Development and will be responsible to the Fisheries Secretary for all technical functions of the directorate. Specific duties and responsibilities will include:-
- coordinating of fisheries policy research and development;
- promoting Kenya as a centre for aquaculture;
- overseeing development of the fisheries inter- agency monitoring, control and surveillance unit regulations;
- coordinating protection and regulation of fisheries ecosystem
- coordinating the establishment of technical committees on fish quality and safety and preparation of the standing committee documentation;
- coordinating and drafting of parliamentary bills for the fisheries sector; cabinet memos; regulations, rules, legal notices orders, and proclamations in consultation with the relevant parliamentary committees and the state law office and department of justice
- coordinating the development and implementation of international protocols, conventions and treaties regarding fisheries in all aspects;
- providing secretariat services to the Kenya Fisheries Advisory Council;
- promoting regional and international technical cooperation for effective and efficient management of shared fish stocks and aquaculture; and
- overseeing the management and licensing of local and foreign fishing vessels in Kenyan waters
How to Apply
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application. Details of academic and professional certificates not obtained by closure of the advert should not be included
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- The Public Service Commission is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenyans diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Applications should reach the Commission on or before 24th August 2020 latest by 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).