Director For Roads & Transport Jobs, Director Jobs In Kenya, Mandera County Jobs
Mandera County Public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenya Citizens to fill the following vacant positions as per the constitution of Kenya 2010 and County Government Act No 17 of 2012.
DEPARTMENT OF ROADS AND TRANSPORT
DIRECTOR FOR ROADS & TRANSPORT- JG “R” ONE (1) POST-VACANCY NO.MCG/MCPSB/DRT/24/12/19/-01
Terms of service –permanent and pensionable
- Identify and prioritize roads/transport infrastructure projects;
- Reconstruction of failed roads, upgrading gravel roads, by-passes, interchanges, bridges, non-motorised ;
- Design, prepare, BOQs, cost estimates and tender documents;
- Supervise construction works, project management and contract administration;
- Identifying suitable sources of development funds and preparing proposals;
- Prepare section budget plan; section and project reports-monthly, quarterly and annual;
- M & E of annual budget/targets and strategic plan targets;
- Staff supervision and performance management;
- Training needs assessment and planning;
- Corruption detection and control- receive reports, discuss with the Chief Officer, investigate and report;
- Implementation of the national transport policy;
- Provision of motor vehicle inspection services; Provision of mechanical (road) and transport services;
- Development and maintenance of county roads;
- Material testing and advice on usage;
- Protection of road reserves;
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a degree in Civil engineering or an equivalent from a recognized university in Kenya;
- Be registered as a practicing Engineer by the Engineers Registration Board in Kenya and a member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya;
- Must have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career in Engineering services of not less than seven (7) years in the public service or equivalent in the private sector;
- Must have Current valid annual Practicing Licence from Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Must be in good professional standing of not less than three (3) years post Board registration;
- A master’s degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated self-drive and proven leadership;
- Certificate in management or supervisory course lasting not less than Four (4) weeks;
- Certificate in computer applications;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the County Government goals;
- Satisfied the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010;
How to Apply
Interested applicant should fill in application form and attach copies of Certificates, Testimonials and Identity Card.The Form can be downloaded from Mandera County Website www.mandera.go.ke or obtained from Mandera County Public Service Board office, All Sub County Administrators Office in Mandera County.
Detailed of job descriptions, duties and requirements for appointments for the above positions can be obtained from the County website www.mandera.go.ke
All Chapter Six Clearance documents must also be attached to the employment application form.
No Online applications will be accepted.
The Board will not accept any other form of application except Mandera County employments application form stated above.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Mandera County Government is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, youth and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification
Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side indicating position being applied for and vacancy number and;-
Mandera County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 356-70300, Mandera.
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before Monday 13th, January 2020 by 4.00p.m. Or by hand delivered to the office of the County Public Service Board at Mandera Vocational Training Centre.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.