The communications team shapes One Acre Fund’s global brand and local reputation across Sub-Saharan Africa. One Acre Fund currently serves more than 600,000 smallholder farmers in six core countries, and we aim to serve one million farmers by 2020. Our fifteen-person team tells stories that carry globally and resonate locally. We work to shape international policy, build a strong reputation in each country, and inspire dynamic African leaders to join our growing organization.
In this role, you’ll execute the organization’s evolving marketing strategy to support our team as we grow. It’s a unique opportunity to develop your marketing skills while contributing to an exciting global team.
- Social media – Set the organization’s social media strategy. Drawing upon research, industry news, and internally produced content, regularly draft and publish engaging content as part of a wider content calendar. When appropriate, coordinate with teams at partner organizations to execute global social media campaigns.
- Website (SEO) – Maintain the organization’s website and blog—regularly updating and publishing content on the site to comply with SEO best practice.
- Website (Project Management) – Manage major site changes in partnership with our web development partners, acting as the primary liaison for One Acre Fund’s teams.
- Digital analytics – Using common analytics tools (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager), build and maintain existing dashboards to track performance and help improve strategy across our communication channels.
- Email marketing – working within Campaign Monitor, partner with stakeholders across the organization to produce, publish, and improve all One Acre Fund’s e-newsletters.
- Digital advertising – Support our online advertising efforts, publishing and maintaining paid campaigns on social media, and reorganizing our extensive Google AdWords program.
- Administrative support – Assist in projects to keep the communications department running smoothly, such as supporting the team’s internal systems and tools.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with at least 2 years of work experience and a demonstrated passion for digital marketing and communications. An ideal candidate will be very comfortable using a range of digital tools and enjoy both digital copywriting and data reporting. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong digital communication and writing skills; comfortable writing compelling, consistently error-free copy for online audiences
- Experience managing large social media networks in a professional capacity
- Experience managing websites using a content management system such as WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla
- Strong detail orientation and comfort managing projects with multiple moving pieces and stakeholders (internal and external)
- Experience with digital analytics reporting (website and/or advertising) and a familiarity with basic website and/or advertising metrics is a very significant plus
- Experience producing and publishing email marketing campaigns using a large service provider such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, or Constant Contact
- Deep familiarity with Google Productivity Apps and/or Microsoft Office
- A strong track record of multi-tasking with speed and accuracy
- Work authorization in Kenya is required for this position
Career growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience.
Health Insurance, paid time off.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.