Design & Construction General Manager Job, Current Engineering Jobs,
The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy. The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, own, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission grid and regional power interconnectors.
KETRACO’s Vision is to be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading interconnector in Africa. The Mission of the Company is to provide reliable, efficient and effective electricity transmission and promote power trade for sustainable socio-economic development.
The Company invites applications from suitable individuals to fill the following positions: –
GENERAL MANAGER DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION – KET 2 REF: KETRACO/5/1C/40/123/VOL I – B (1 POSTION ON CONTRACT TERMS OF FIVE (5) YEARS RENEWABLE ONCE)
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing, construction, project management and commissioning of a reliable, efficient and effective high voltage electricity transmission infrastructure.
- Providing leadership to Staff in the Directorate;
- Advising management on matters relating to design, project management, construction and commissioning of transmission infrastructure;
- Overseeing development of policies and strategies relating to transmission infrastructure design, project management, construction and commissioning;
- Guiding the development and implementation of strategies, policies, plans, standards and procedures pertaining to design, project management, construction, and commissioning;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legal, legislative and regulatory requirements;
- Overseeing design, construction and commissioning of transmission lines and substation projects to ensure delivery within budget, time and scope;
- Overseeing internal processes and workflows for operational effectiveness;
- Proposing the Directorate’s annual budget, procurement and work plans;
- Managing the implementation of risk mitigation measures and updating of the Directorate’s
- Enterprise Risk Register;
- Managing staff job performance and evaluation, career development, capacity building and deployment of skills;
- Accounting for resource use in line with prevailing laws, policies and regulation;
- Providing oversight in quality assurance for the Directorate;
- Overseeing implementation of technical guidelines and standards for transmission infrastructure design, project management, construction and commissioning;
- Coordinating procurement of construction contractors and consultants;
- Providing oversight in management of contractors and consultants;
- Coordinating design, project management, construction and commissioning activities;
- Liaising with other process owners and stakeholders during the design, construction and commissioning of transmission system projects;
- Preparing periodic project status reports to Management and the Board;
- Articulating the roles of the Company on matters relating to design, project management, construction and commissioning of transmission infrastructure;
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders for the delivery of design, construction and commissioning of transmission system projects;
- Updating Management on pertinent issues related to the design, project management, construction and commissioning of transmission system projects;
- Coaching and mentoring staff within the department
- Knowledge and relevant experience of not less that twelve (12) years, with at least eight
- (8) years at senior management level;
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering;
- Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK);
- Corporate Member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK);
- Undertaken a leadership development programme/training lasting not less than 4 (four) weeks from a recognized institution or Corporate Governance;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010;
- Personal attributes such as; Communication skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Critical thinking, Decision making skills, Entrepreneurial skills, Negotiation and mediation skills, Leadership skills, Interpersonal skills, Team player, Knowledge in office automation applications.
Decision Making – Strategic and Managerial Decisions
Working Conditions – Office Setting and field setting
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS;
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application;
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current and previous employers, positions held, level of education, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment and names of at least three professional referees;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Copy of National Identification Card or Passport
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Valid Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); and viii)Current Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
In addition to the above
- Candidates should provide all the details requested for in the advertisement. It is an offence to include incorrect information in the application
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates during
- It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.
- The Company is committed to implementing the provisions of the Constitution – Chapter 232 (1) on fair competition and merit, representation of Kenya’s diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women, members of all ethnic groups and persons with disabilities. THEREFORE, PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
The successful candidates for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application to: The Managing Director on GMRecruitment@ketraco.co.ke by 31st DECEMBER 2020 a 5.00pm.
Please note that applications will ONLY be via email, hard copies shall not be considered. Indicate the position reference number as the subject heading.