Deputy Director Jobs, Engineering Jobs, KIRDI Jobs
IR 12 JOB REF: KIRDI/HR/01/19
Reporting to the Director, an officer at this level will be in charge of the Research, Technology and Innovation Department. Specifically work will involve co-ordination of research activities in Industrial Research, Technology and Innovation disciplines and including management of collaborative R&D related projects and activities. He/she will be required to advise the Director on the status of research, Technology and Innovation activities in the Institute; and carrying out Financial, Planning & Administrative duties in the Research, Technology and Innovation Department.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- PhD degree in any of the following fields: Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical/Electronics, Computer, Civil Engineering, Materials science/Ceramics, Leather, Textile, Food Science and Technology, Microbiology, Information Science/Technology, Computer Engineering, Socio-Science/Economics, Energy and Environmental Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
- Served at a top management position in a relevant R&D institution or equivalent for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Demonstrated managerial, administrative and professional competence.
- A clear understanding of the role of industrial research in Kenya’s social and economic development.
- Experience in leading and managing research programmes and teams and evidence of published research papers in reputable international journals.
- Proven capability in resource mobilization and establishing quality working linkages with development partners/organizations.
- Be computer literate
- Undergone strategic management course for a minimum period of six (6) Weeks from a recognized institution.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- A person of high integrity
- A team player
- A strategic thinker
Interested candidates for the job must attach clearance certificates from;
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Commission for University Education for degrees obtained outside Kenya
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- An approved Credit Reference Bureau
NB: This position will be held on a three (3) year contract renewable based on performance
How To Apply
All applications quoting the Job Reference number on the envelope or email subject should be sent to the address below attaching testimonials and academic certificates with at least three referees by close of business 30th July, 2019.
Kenya Industrial Research and Development Institute
P.O. Box 30650-00100
Email: [email protected]
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.