Deputy Director Jobs, Motor Vehicle Inspection Jobs, Engineering Jobs, NTSA Jobs
Reporting to the Director, Motor Vehicle Inspection and Safety Audit, the Deputy Director, Motor Vehicle Inspection will be responsible for development of Motor Vehicle Inspection Strategies; planning, organization, co-ordination and overseeing of activities of all Motor Vehicle Inspection Centres in the Country.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of the department staff by ensuring an effective and motivated team;
- Ensure the fulfilment of the department’s performance contract targets;
- Participate in the development and review of the Authority’s Strategic Plan;
- Develop work plans and budgets for the department;
- Oversee the execution of approved department work plans and budgets;
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the department;
- Prepare Board and Management Papers for approval;
- Identify training needs for the personnel in the department;
- Participate in the recruitment of staff within the department;
- Identify procurement needs for the department;
- Mentor and coach department staff; and
- Participate in various committees in the Authority upon appointment.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Maintain effective procurement systems for the Authority;
- Implement motor vehicle inspection standards;
- Oversee inspection of all vehicles for roadworthiness;
- Oversee inspection of accident vehicles and reporting;
- Implement motor vehicle inspection manuals;
- Implement motor vehicle inspection policies;
- Oversee privatization of motor vehicle inspection services; and
- Develop and implement motor vehicle inspection system.
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- At least twelve (12) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been at a senior management position in a large organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in the above fields from a recognized institution is an added advantage;
- Attended a Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- A valid Driving License free from any current endorsements; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of an automotive department function and a thorough understanding of the Authority’s policies.
- The candidate should also be a registered engineer with the Engineering Board.
Skills and Competencies
- Visionary, transformative and result-oriented strategic thinker;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Strategic leadership;
- High integrity levels;
- Ability to drive change and innovation;
- Strong organization and inter personal skills; and
- Good leadership, mentorship and coaching skills.
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Candidates must therefore, obtain and submit the following documents together with their applications:
- Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CVs with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office, Hill Park Plaza, Ground Floor, Upper Hill Road,
Nairobi in the application box or posted to;
The Director General
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, 20th September, 2019.
NTSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Youth, Women and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.