Stima DT Savings and Credit Cooperative Society Limited (Stima Sacco) is a leading countrywide, fast growing and licensed DTS (Deposit Taking Sacco). In order to achieve the planned growth, the Sacco is looking for a qualified and competent person to fill the following vacancy:Reporting to the credit control officer, the assistant debt recovery officer is responsible for monitoring loans, analyzing accounts in default/arrears and recommending the appropriate action plan for recovery, collection of loans, negotiating payments and handling of enquiries.
- Loan portfolio monitoring and collection.
- Contacting debtors to inquire of their payment status via calls, conducting visits
- Collecting outstanding debts from members and achieve collection targets.
- Ensuring timely preparation and release of demand notices to members whose loans are overdue.
- Negotiating payoff deadlines and repayment plans.
- Working closely with the external debt collectors.
- Providing regular performance reports.
- Extracting, confirming and transmitting CRB information to licensed Credit Reference Bureaus.
- Responding to members’ queries and complaints.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in a business related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in debt collection within the financial service industry
- Fully conversant with lending in the Kenyan business environment
- Qualifications in Credit Management/Debt Collection will be a definite advantage.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Experience in working with targets and strict deadlines.
- Good planning, analytical and monitoring skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their Application Letter and Detailed CVs to Debtrecoveryassistant@stima-sacco.com on or before 5pm on 5 th September 2019 indicating the position applied for as the subject line.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
- Terms of employment
One-year contract; renewable based on performance.