Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
DanChurchAid (DCA) Kenya is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nakuru, Nyandarua, Siaya and Busia counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. We implement projects directly and through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit
DCA is seeking to recruit a dynamic and energetic Kenyan National for the position of Financial Inclusion Intern from January 2022**.** The intern will serve for a period of one year. The position is based in Kakuma, Turkana County and reports to the Project Officer – Financial Inclusion based in Kakuma.
The intern will support implementation of financial inclusion activities including VSLA, cash-based interventions, livelihoods and youth empowerment projects and related innovation and digitization.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Mobilizing, formation, training and monitoring of Village Savings and Loan Associations (VSLAs) including the relevant digitisation.
• Participate in the roll-out of innovations in financial inclusion and cash-based interventions including the voucher system for farm inputs, multi-purpose cash transfer and financing scheme for youth entrepreneurs.
• Assist in mobilizing, training and mentoring refugees and host community youth participating in blended learning approaches to entrepreneurship, job seeking skills, and digital enabled jobs.
• Support in day to day data management actions including filing of project data, regular data collection, analysis and updating of project data.
• Facilitate and mentor the incentive staff and project beneficiaries to ensure successful implementation of financial inclusion activities.
• Participate in developing action plans, monitoring, evaluation and learning as well as developing routine activity reports for financial inclusion.
• Participate in staff training and capacity building.
Key Qualifications and Experience: