Credit Management Assistant Job, Finance Jobs in Kenya March 2022,
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of Credit Management Assistant at Nairobi Head Office.
The Credit Management Assistant will report to the Credit Management Officer and be responsible for providing support to the function to realize its objectives which include but are not limited to the following responsibilities.
- Supporting sales teams in negotiation of payment terms.
- Implementation and continuous review of the Credit Policy.
- Assessment of customer credit risk status as part of the credit approval process.
- Ensuring amounts borrowed by customers are adequately secured.
- Review and update of customer credit facilities.
- Development of appropriate strategies for efficient and cost-effective recovery of debts.
- Effective recovery of non-performing debts in liaison with contracted service providers.
- Provision of regular reports on the recovery status of all debts as well as debtor ratings of business units and individuals.
- Liaison with front line functions to facilitate timely debt collection.
- Liaison with Legal department on collection on stubborn debts.
- Follow up of customer feedback.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Must have Upper 2nd Class Degree in in Finance, Accounting, Banking or related field.
- Professional qualifications in CPA and Credit Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ credit management experience in a financial institution.
- Thorough knowledge of lending and debt recovery procedures.
- Thorough understanding of Bank Guarantees and Letters of Credit administration processes.
- Excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, professionalism, and attention to detail.
The successful candidates will join a dedicated team of specialists in the Water and Energy sectors which have significant potential for future growth. The job will provide a challenging and stimulating work environment with excellent growth opportunities for the successful candidate.
How To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.