Data Internships, Other Professions, KEMRI Jobs
The Kenya Medical Research Institute is committed to providing the youth with opportunities to acquire, sharpen their knowledge and gain Technical and Practical skills to complement their studies in order to enhance their employability in line with the Kenya Vision 2030. KEMRI –CGHR Malaria Program has an internship opportunity for the following positions:
Position: Data Interns (3 positions)
Reports to: Study PI
The interns will be trained on:
- Data collection, compilation, cleaning, and processing for entry into databases
- Updating live databases for long term data storage and back-ups
- Preparing daily and weekly systemic reports
- Scanning and filing of records, archive systems in accordance to department procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution in any of the following disciplines:
Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Biostatistics or any other relevant and equivalent
qualification from a recognized Institution.
In addition, the applicants must:
- Be a Kenyan youth below 30 years of age; and
- Provide a Certificate of good conduct.
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-starter
- A person of integrity
- Should possess strong analytical skills
- Must be computer literate.
The application must include the following:
- Letter of Application indicating the field of study
- Current Resume or CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Copies of Certificates and transcripts.
- The Internship programme will be for one (1) year
- A monthly stipend of Kes. 25,000/= will be given without any other benefits.
- Interns will be expected to take up a personal accident cover and medical insurance cover
- The project WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of internship.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send in their applications to:
The Deputy Director, CGHR, P. O. Box 1578- 40100, Kisumu.
Applications are due no later than: January 2, 2020.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.