Communications Internship at Danish Refugee Council
This position is also responsible for administrative function, support in development communication materials eg (events posters, brochures, flyers) media monitoring posting of content for website and social media. The position will also work closely with IAWG Coordinator as well as the core group and sub groups co-chairs in organizing related events/meetings.
Communications Internship Responsibilities
- Outreach and profile raising of the IAWG
- Updating the IAWG website – posting of events/jobs vacancy among others.
- Update IAWG social media on a regular basis with relevant material, highlighting key events and achievements using blogs etc.
- Support in development and maintenance of a suite of materials to effectively communicate the work of IAWG e.g. the design and production of IAWG newsletter in Adobe Indesign
- Organising events
- Support the coordinator in managing all the administrative and logistic arrangements of the upcoming conferences
- Provide on-hand assistance during the conference and sub-group meetings e.g. ensuring that participants are welcomed, signed in, take minutes and ensure other specific administrative and logistics issues are responded to in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Registration of participants and follow up on payments with Danish Refugee Council (DRC) finance team
- Contribute to the monitoring, reviewing and evaluation of the progress of the conference and impact undertaken through discussions with participants and conference organisers.
Qualifications for the Communications Internship
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values
- University degree in the field of communications, public relations, languages, journalism, administration and social sciences
- Competent IT skills & experience in the use of software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe suite 6 – A MUST
- Experience in managing websites and in using social media tools in a professional context
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience in events coordination, administration and/or management, preferably within INGOs.
- Pro-active communicator, with experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and ability to handle work in a timely manner
- Ability to work effectively with people from different nationalities, cultures, ethnic and religious groups across the region
- Good understanding of humanitarian issues in East and Central Africa, and the ability to relate IAWG work within this context.
- Experience of operating multi-media equipment including digital cameras, video recording equipment, web cams, and voice recorders.
- Experience of tailoring communication and advocacy messages for a variety of decision-makers and high level audiences. Any other duties within the nature and scope of the position.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the position.
We only accept applications sent via email ; Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter (2 pages only) to
[email protected] no later than 3rd November 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.