Development Manager Administration Job at Cytonn Investments
Job Category: Project Management
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: November 29th, 2017
Cytonn Real Estate is the development arm of Cytonn Investments with projects under mandate in excess of Kshs 82 billion. The firm seeks to develop quality and aspirational Real Estate projects which encourage community living as we contribute towards bridging the huge housing gap in the market.
Cytonn Real Estate, a leading brand in real estate development, finance and investments; is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, team player, to lead the development of over Kshs. 82 billion of real estate projects. Working with the management team the development director will manage the projects all the way from concept development, construction to exit.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to participate in both a strong incentive structure and equity ownership plan.
Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Oversee feasibility studies, including market research and surveys to ensure that contemplated developments are responsive to the prevailing economic, social and demographic trends; and to identify non obvious development opportunities;
- Coordinate the creation of compelling development concepts;
- Develop and critique business cases for projects to ensure that developments are financially viable and can attract requisite funding;
- Develop permitting strategy and secure permits and requisite statutory approvals in coordination with municipal officials, legal counsel and architects;
- Manage the tendering process and assembling of development team, including architects, contractors, engineers, and development consultants; negotiate contracts and coordinate development team throughout the development process. The Senior Development Manager shall therefore be responsible to manage the development team for efficiency and maximum results;
- Guide teams through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and signoff;
- Select and implement appropriate construction management approach on project-specific basis; therefore manage and oversee the approach selected;
- Develop and maintain Master Project Schedules;
- Monitor project progress including schedule and budget variance; manage team to deliver project on budget and schedule;
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations;
- Coordinating every phase of development and any additional project management activities as required.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Development Manager Job
- 10 years’ experience in real estate development including several years of experience in large developments / projects;
- A Bachelor’s degree (second class honors – upper division) with a minimum of B+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Experience in managing real estate development projects, preferably with global markets experience;
- Experience must include demonstrable knowledge of real estate valuation techniques, project finance, development project cash flow modeling, public approvals and permitting/entitlement process;
- Experience managing contractors and architects through design and construction;
- Track record of managing projects to budget and schedule;
- Strong working knowledge of architectural drawings and furniture and space planning concepts;
- Strong analytic skills, including ability to independently conduct real estate financial analysis;
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly, verbally and in writing;
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and manage productive relationships with development team members, public officials, funders and lenders, other staff, and the community;
- Ability to organize work, work independently, problem solve, and be persistent;
- Creativity, entrepreneurial, and a self-driven attitude towards work, with a sense of humor is desired;
- Strong problem solving skills, with a bias to a sense of urgency;
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, apply through our recruitment portal.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.