Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Job Title: Public Information Manager (I)
Grade/Level: 9/ Level 2 Manager Division: Programs Department: Processing Support
This position is responsible for the management of the Correspondence and Public Information unit, and manages internal and external communication activites. This position ensures the timeliness and accuracy of all RSC Africa communications with stakeholders. This includes tasks such as managing responses to inquiries, developing public information campaigns, facilitating official visitors to RSC Africa, implementing internal communication, and ensuring USRAP informational materails (for both partners and USRAP applicants) are standardized and in line with PRM branding requirments.
The position directly supervises the Correspondence Supervisor, and the Public Information Supervisor, and reports directly to the Processing Support Coordinator.
Data Management and Analysis
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Certificate in project management is preferred.
· Eight (8) years of paid work experience is required.
· Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
· Experience in communications and public information is preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years work experience at RSC Africa or US refugee resettlement is preferred.
· Previous experience living and/or working in a developing country preferred.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Good project management skills.
· Excellent computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office and Graphics software specific to Adobe Premiere.
· Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) database, USRAP Policies and Procedures.
The Public Information Manager must have the ability to:
· take initiative in formulating training plans;
· travel occasionally, sometimes at short notice;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions from the Processing Support Coordinator with a positive and receptive attitude;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
· take initiative in the development and completion of projects;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
· effectively manage CWS RSC Africa’s resources;
· actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/ pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting light loads up to 25 kg.
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to travel to remote locations.
The US Embassy rates Kenya as both HIGH in crime and HIGH in terrorism. Incumbents should fully understand the insecurities present within Kenya and the region.
Special Requirements: This position is open to international applicants. A background check, which includes references and an educational criminal check, is required before the start of employment. A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow fever vaccination before traveling for CWS RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter