Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Job Title: Field Processing Supervisor
Grade: 8 (I)**
Level: Level 1 Manager
Department: Field Processing
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
This position is responsible for overseeing all United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) Field Processing activity at RSC Africa. This includes managing workflow within the Pre-screening and Adjudications teams and collaborating with other program departments. This position ensures that RSC Africa processing priorities and targets are met and that standard operating procedures are strictly followed.
This position supervises Senior Caseworkers and Caseworkers.
This position reports to a Field Processing Manager.
Data Management and Analysis
Performance Management **
Program Administration **
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.**
The Field Team Supervisor must have the ability to:
· supervise field staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
· travel as needed in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
· pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
· maintain a job knowledge assessment score of 80% or higher, demonstrated through semi-annual assessments;
· accurately type 40 WPM at 96% accuracy;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
· communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
· follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
· exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
· deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
· conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
· maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
· carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
· work independently and contribute to overall operations of CWS RSC Africa;
· take initiative in the development and completion of multiple projects at the same time;
· lead others and address issues as they arise;
· maintain strict confidentiality with CWS RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
· manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
· analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
· work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation
· effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
· manage leave forms, cash advances and report expenses accurately;
· actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) in Africa;
· be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
Background check which includes references and an educational criminal check is required before the start of employment. A valid U.S. passport and the ability to maintain a valid U.S. passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel. The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must be legally eligible to work and obtain a work permit in Kenya. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa. Employee will be entrusted with the receipt, custody and payment of money.
Ensure effective exchanges of information with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include speaking to others respectfully; expressing ideas in a logical, organized way; sharing information appropriately; and clarity and conciseness in written communication.
Ensure constructive and supportive interactions with others. Examples of skills and behaviors include being positive and supportive when working with others; sharing information and resources freely; resolving conflict constructively; and proactively working to remove obstacles to success for others.
Utilize and apply job related knowledge to complete job tasks at a level that meets or exceeds expectations. Examples of skills and behaviors include utilizing job knowledge to solve problems or develop new approaches; maintaining or enhancing skills through continuing education; and taking on projects that will develop or enhance skills.
Work effectively and contribute as a member of a team. Examples of skills and behaviors include supporting other team members by sharing information; covering the work of others during absences, vacations etc.; and actively participating in developing ideas for ways to increase team effectiveness.
Analyze information and develop solutions to challenges that arise during the course of performing a job. Examples of skills and behaviors include researching and collecting facts; defining the issues and the parties affected; formulating options/solutions for addressing the problem; and engendering support for and implementing the solution.
Successfully lead a group to achieve operational goals. Examples of skills and behaviors include priority setting; timely decision making; planning and organizing; delegation; and managing and measuring work.
Building and Leading Effective Teams
Earn the respect of team members, create strong morale and spirit on the team and utilize the unique skills of all team members. Examples of skills and behaviors include managing diverse relationships; flexibility; being open and receptive; running effective team meetings; and exhibiting integrity and trustworthiness.
Accurately anticipate future consequences and trends and translate them into the fulfillment of workable strategies and plans. Examples of skills and behaviors include problem solving; dealing with ambiguity, creativity; innovation management and business acumen.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter