Correspondence Supervisor Job, Administration Jobs 2021,
Job Title: Correspondence Supervisor
Grade 7 (N)
Level: Functional Manager
Department: Processing Support
Unit: Correspondence (Partner Inquiries and Refugee Inquiries units)
Supervision: This Correspondence Supervisor (Refugee Inquiries) supervises Correspondence Unit SCPA and CPAII’s and reports to the Communication Manager. The Correspondence Supervisor (Partner Inquiries) supervise Correspondence Unit SCPAs and reports to the Public Information Manager.
This position is responsible for the daily supervision of Senior Case Processing Assistant (SCPA) and Case Processing Assistants II (CPAII) assigned to Correspondence (COR) Units (Partner Inquiries and Refugee Inquiries teams). This position will manage the workload of the unit and ensuring quality and efficiency in all communications to Congress, Attorneys, USRAP partners and refugees. The position works closely with Program Management to ensure case status information shared is in line with the USRAP Compliance and Integrity Module.
- Ensure all refugee case processing functions performed by team adhere to USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standards and guidelines to ensure the integrity of RSC case processing and strict adherence to the DOS/BPRM USRAP Compliance and Integrity Module.
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and compliance with protocols of all out-going communication with Partners, Congress, Attorneys, Petitioners and Refugees.
- Assist Public Information and Communication Manager in development and implementation of standard operating procedures for Correspondence, Bulk SMS (SMS Blast) in coordination with Africa is Talking Bulk SMS contractors.
- Assists in the identification and implementation of regular process reviews to compare requirements versus current processing and outputs.
Data Management and Analysis
- Ensure monthly deferrals holds and status reports for all UNHCR and other referring agencies, are prepared accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist the Public Information and Communication Manager prepare CWS Internal Monthly Correspondence report, quarterly Congressional reports, and quarterly PRM Progress report. 7. Work closely with staff from the Data Integrity Department to ensure Correspondence reports are functional and updated regularly and in line with USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standard guidelines. 8. Closely monitor the movement of cases through the Pre-USCIS and Post-USCIS pipeline, ensuring cases appearing on the holds report are being processed and presented according to USRAP priorities. 9. Develop reports and quality control checks that ensure use, accuracy and efficiency. 10. Establish effective communication systems regarding data for Correspondence Unit (Partner and Refugee Inquiries).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Ensure partner and refugee communication from the units is professional, timely and proactive, including review of congressional draft response for Public Information Manager approval as well as assist SCPA/CPAII draft responses for complex inquiries.
- Represent organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensure the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to Correspondence staff, including completion of yearly performance evaluations, development of job descriptions, and participation in hiring. 16. Assist Public Information and Communication Manager in the evaluation and identification of training needs and, development and implementation of training modules for COR staff.
- Run quality checks (QC) and provide feedback to staff and/or other departments. 18. Conduct coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans where necessary. 19. Establish performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training. 20. Review and monitor team and individual progress towards unit goals.
- Monitor staff time, attendance, leave, and ensure accurate timesheets are submitted on a timely manner.
- Monitor and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave. 24. Actively support staff by promoting the safe space, open-door and escalation policy. 25. Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensure staff are safe in the field by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the field.
- Act as the point person for staff inquiries relating to Correspondence functions. 28. Oversee and manage the daily workload of SCPA and CPAII in the Correspondence Unit. 29. Manage deferral responses from partners and deployed ARDU staff through the Deferrals mailbox. 30. Work directly with Correspondence staff to ensure they are well trained to work on SMS blast and plan
- any refugee messaging and campaigns as directed by the Public Information and Communication Manager.
- Establish workload goals, objectives, targets and deadlines that allow Correspondence staff compliance with BPRM set objectives and indicators / Cooperative Agreement with CWS Africa. 32. Assist with the annual plan and strategic planning goals as communicated by Processing Support management.
- Work closely with the Public Information (PI) Specialist when Correspondence staff are required to provide support during PI-related Campaigns in the field.
- Assist Public Information and Communication Manager in coordinating Correspondence staff identified travel based on program needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree required.
- Eight (8) years’ work experience is required.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience at RSC Africa or US refugee resettlement is required.
- ∙ Thorough knowledge of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database preferred. ∙ Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access. ∙ Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- ∙ Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- ∙ accurately type 40 wpm with a 96% accuracy rating
- ∙ work as part of team in a multi-cultural environment;
- ∙ supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- ∙ lead others and address issues as they arise;
- ∙ exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the field;
- ∙ travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
- ∙ communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- ∙ follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
- ∙ deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- ∙ pass the job knowledge assessments with score of 80% or higher; pass a job knowledge assessment in order to be confirmed at the end of probation;
- ∙ conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS;
- ∙ maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- ∙ carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision; ∙ work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- ∙ take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe; ∙ maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information; ∙ manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities; ∙ work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation; ∙ effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources; and
- ∙ actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to apply
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.