Call Center Manager Job, Customer Service Jobs April 2021
Job Title: Call Center Manager (I)
Grade/: 9 (N)
Level Level 2 Manager
Department: Processing Support
Unit: Call Center
Supervision: This position directly supervises the Call Center Supervisor, and the Call Center Specialist. This position indirectly supervises the Senior Call Center Representatives, Call Center Representatives, and contract Interpreters assigned to the call center. This position reports directly to the Processing Support Coordinator.
This position is responsible for overseeing all the operations of the Contact Center at RSC Africa under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP). This includes managing workflow within the Call Center and coordinating with other program departments. The position will provide project management support for the call center set-up, oversee development of standard operating procedure and call scripts, and ensure technology supporting the call center are in line with USRAP manual. The position will also collect, analysis and report on the call center statistics. The position is a member of the RSC Africa Leadership Team.
- Ensures all Call Center operating functions within the Processing Support Department strictly adhere to the DOS/BPRM, USCIS, RPC, CWS and RSC Africa policies, guidelines and procedures. 2. Ensures development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Call Center Operations for the US Refugee Admissions Program in sub Saharan Africa and specifically ensures their designated SOP is up to date and adhered to. 3. Works cross functionally with other department managers to ensure that the objectives of the organization are being met and outcomes are being delivered within agreed service level agreements. 4. Assist Processing Support (PS) Coordinator in the implementation of the fiscal year Cooperative Agreement including targets set by PRM in the Objectives and Indicators as it relates to the Call Center Unit.
- Coordinate with unit Supervisors to ensure the fileserver are standardized and organized, while rights mapping is adhered to as per the PS fileserver mapping.
Data Management and Analysis
- Closely monitors the call logs and call reports monitoring the number of abandoned calls versus staffing requirements.
- Ensure quality checks reports are implemented and statistical reports for Contact Center materials are accurate.
- Manage reports and quality control checks to ensure use, accuracy and efficiency. 9. Establish effective communication systems regarding data for the Call Center.
- Ensure CWS Internal Monthly Reports for Call Center Unit are reviewed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist Processing Support Coordinator in the review and completion of the Call Center aspects of the PRM Quarterly Report and the Program Integrity Guidelines (PIGs) Compliance Report. 12. Coordinate with Unit Supervisors, and Data Integrity Department to ensure that all appropriate reports are functional and updated regularly and in line with USRAP, USCIS, RPC, and RSC standard guidelines.
- In coordination IT, ensure proper use and service of Call Center software and technology. Representation
- Build, develop and maintain effective relationships with Vendors of the ACD software, RSC implementing partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies.
- Ensure partner communication from the department is professional, timely and proactive. 16. Represent organizational policies and culture to staff.
- Ensure the workforce is professional when representing CWS/RSC Africa on phone to refugees, partners, the funder and colleagues.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to the Call Center Supervisors, including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave. 19. Develop and implement training modules for Call Center staff, in coordination with the Training unit, and ensure that staff receive cross training on different aspects of refugee processing, and that they are monitored and evaluated.
- Ensure that quality checks (QCs) are being conducted and feedback is being provided to staff and/or other departments.
- Ensure coaching, mentoring, feedback and corrective action plans are being carried out where needed.
- Ensure establishment of performance expectations and communication, on-boarding and training. 23. Develop performance management systems that support consistency in work outputs. 24. Evaluate and assesse training needs of Call Center staff and take the lead in organizing and providing trainings on a regular basis.
- Monitor staff time and attendance.
- Monitor and ensure a safe, healthy and professional work environment.
- Ensure direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave. 28. Actively support staff by promoting safe space, open-door and the escalation policy.
- Establish and communicate clear expectations to staff to foster a predictable and consistent work environment.
- Ensure staff are safe in the office by coordinating with the RSC Staff Security Coordinator and the Senior Property Officer and disseminating information related to safety to staff in the office.
- Ensure the deployment of Call Center staff and resources to ensure timely response to phone calls in coordination with Programs Management.
- Conducts regular process reviews to compare work load/call surges versus current manpower and completed call statistics.
- Meets Call Center financial objectives and explores opportunities to add value by forming Call Center operational strategies through needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses.
- Monitors Call Center performance to identify operational problems and solutions by evaluating Call Center technologies, customer service standards, and organizational structure to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the function.
- Holds meetings with Call Center Supervisor, and Call Center Specialist to make sure that daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly objectives are communicated and understood.
- Translates the short, medium and long strategy into deliverable objectives for the Call Center Supervisor, Specialist and Senior/Contact Center representatives.
- This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management. Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- ∙ Eight (8) years of paid work experience is required.
- ∙ Three (3) years of direct supervisory experience is required.
- ∙ Minimum of 2 years’ work experience at RSC Africa or US refugee resettlement is preferred. ∙ Previous experience working in a Contact Center required.
- ∙ Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- ∙ Strong customer service delivery skills.
- ∙ Excellent diplomatic skills including calmness and excellent communication skills. ∙ Good project management skills.
- ∙ Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access. ∙ Advance knowledge of market standard Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. ∙ Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (WRAPS) database, USRAP Policies and Procedures.
The Call Center Manager must have the ability to:
- ∙ Exercise good judgment and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems in the contact center.
- ∙ Handle escalated customer service issues in line with operating procedures, while providing clear direction that met the standard of CWS values.
- ∙ Be well organized and numbers driven so as to use statistics to organize the Call Center team and handle different workflows in different parts of the operation.
- ∙ Account for Call Center operations performance and desired business outcomes that need to be achieved.
- ∙ Travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program;
- ∙ Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- ∙ Follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude.
- ∙ Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public.
- ∙ Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS.
- ∙ Maintain a high-performance standard with attention to detail.
- ∙ Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision; ∙ Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- ∙ Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe; ∙ Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information. ∙ Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities. ∙ Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation. ∙ Effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources.
- ∙ Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to apply
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.