Sous Chef Job, Kenyan Hotel Job Vacancies In Kenya 2022,
Hotel Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Sous Chef – Nanyuki,
Gross Salary: 35k- 65k,
Our client is a Luxurious Safari Company in Nanyuki. They seek to hire a well experienced Sous Chef who will be tasked with standardizing innovative production recipes to maintain consistent cuisine and guest satisfaction. The S/He should be proficient in numerous cooking techniques and cuisines with talent for working with ingredients from countries around the world. They should also be focused on quality, presentation, cost containment, and safety.
- Lead kitchen team and be responsible for the actions and discipline of all staff in line of command in liaison with HR representative as required.
- To ensure operational areas are properly prepared for all functions each day.
- Supervise kitchen preparation of all stations and the production of all food.
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Have total accountability for the day to day running of the kitchen service
- Achieve food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum wastage within the unit.
- Approving and polishing dishes before they reach the customer.
- Assist with the training of kitchen personnel as well as food services staff.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appearance of all food prepare and served.
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Develop organized prep sheets with each menu change.
- Overseeing see that all food prepared is of consistently high quality and that portions are consistently controlled.
- Food tickets are complete and out in a timely manner.
- Supervise ongoing cleaning and work schedules of employees.
- Creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes ensuring variety and quality
- Determining food inventory needs, stocking and ordering
- Participate in the HACCP procedure according to the company’s Food Safety
- Ensure the facility is left, at the end of each shift, in a clean and secure condition, all food stuffs are appropriately stored away and labelled, and all actions detailed on the ‘End of Day Check List’, are properly completed.
- Ensure that waste is kept to a minimum and ensure that the senior chefs are informed when necessary.
- Ensure that all appropriate procedures are properly completed and appropriate kitchen records are maintained
- Maintain high standards of behaviour and discipline throughout their shift
- Wear the correct uniform (ensuring that it is always clean, presentable and free from tears and stains)
- Abide by the department’s ‘No Jewellery’ policy and dress code
- Maintain high standards of personal cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Follow the department’s cleaning schedule to the required standard
- Correctly use and maintain the security of stock and equipment
Click here for full details on the job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.