Chef Job, Latest Hotel Jobs In Kenya 2022,
Title: Pastry Chef,
Reporting to: Head Chef,
Gross Salary: 20k – 25k,
Our client in the hotel industry seeking to hire a well experienced Pastry Chef who will be tasked with crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods following traditional and modern recipes.
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc.
- Understand visitors’ preferences and make suggestions based on findings.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health & safety standards.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew restaurant menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report malfunctions.
- Relieve Hot Kitchen chef when need arises.
- Proven 2 years’ experience in a busy pastry and bakery kitchen.
- Culinary school diploma
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
- Great time management skills
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of best and latest cooking practices