Kitchen Supervisor Job, Hotel Job Vacancies In Kenya 2022,
Title: Kitchen Supervisor,
Salary: Ksh 30,000- ksh 36,000,
Our client is an African Style Gourmet Burger restaurant with a chain of outlets based in Nairobi. They are looking to hire an organized, results-oriented Kitchen Supervisor who will be responsible for studying recipes and preparing high-quality Mise En Place, delegating tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans, and kitchen scales.
- To replenish any equipment that needs replacing.
- To regularly check kitchen equipment and to book maintenance/repair.
- Ensure team cook and issue customer food in a timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff and train new starters.
- To manage team performance and development by conducting induction, disciplinaries, and appraisals.
- To record absence and arrange replacements for team members who are not on duty.
- To conduct daily staff briefings to inform Inform staff about company updates, daily specials, general menu training, offers, events, etc.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation of all items issued to guests.
- Ensure supervision and training of Line Cooks and assist as needed.
- Ensure the light modification of recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy).
- Assure team’s accurate recording/monitoring of food stock and place appropriate stock orders.
- Do checks on the freshness of food and ensure adequate waste management of out-of-date items. Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients – develop monthly special ideal using under-utilized ingredients.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen and receiving areas.
- Accept orders from central stores and suppliers and reject/return any that are below standard.
- To motivate, upskill and supervise the team and to spot talent.
- To actively prepare food alongside line cooks during service to prepare customer orders if required.
- To coordinate customer orders when required to do so.
Click here for full details on the job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.