Human Resource and Admin Assistant Job, HR Kenyan Jobs 2022
Title: Human Resource and Admin Assistant,
Report to: Human Resource & Admin Manager,
Gross Salary: Ksh 50,000,
Our client seeks to hire a Human Resources and Admin Assistant who will be responsible for HR and administrative tasks.
Key responsibilities include
- The incumbent will assist the HR manager across all human resource functions i.e. recruitment, employee relations, performance management, leaves, onboarding, and off-boarding.
- You will be responsible to organize and maintain employee records (leave, benefits, and other administrative tasks).
- Assisting in recruitment, selection, and induction of new employees.
- Assist in the development, update and maintain company policies, manuals and procedures.
- Assist in collating payroll updates, and putting all data relevant to payroll into the system, especially for new hires.
- Will assist in developing and updating contracts, job requirements, and job descriptions for all positions.
- You will keep records of employee health, safety, and welfare, take them into consideration, and implement certain measures where necessary.
- Ensure timely reports as may be required from time to time by your senior on incidences within the company.
- Analyze and communicate employee training needs, creating training modules and monitoring training programs.
- Implementing and communicating disciplinary procedures and dealing with employee grievances.
- Assist in the administration of performance review programs to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organization.
- Assist in the training and evaluations of staff by conducting semi-annual or annual employee evaluations as they grow within the organization.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Ensure management of vehicles in the line with proposed standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles, mileage maintenance is achieved throughout, and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Assist in managing the stores, receiving, and dispatch as well as company logistics management relevant to the HR department.
- Assisting in project management by creating assignments, tracking progress, and resolving issues.
- Any other task that may be assigned by the Human Resources & Administration Manager and or the Director of Operations.
Education & Experience
- A degree in Human Resource Management or any related field
- Higher diploma or CHRP II will be an added advantage
- A member of IHRM
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
Key skills & competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Planning and coordination skills
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving & negotiation
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work independently