Fleet Supervisor Job, Current Engineering Jobs Kenya.
Title: Fleet Supervisor- Dairy,
Reporting To: General Manager,
Gross Salary: Ksh. 35,000.00,
One of the leading FMCG companies in Kenya and seeks to hire a Fleet Supervisor who will be tasked with effectively organizing, implementing, and directing operations and maintenance activities of all company vehicles as well as overseeing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the company’s fleet of vehicles. Supervise, train, and evaluate assigned staff.
- Ensuring that all company vehicles are properly maintained, safe to drive, and in good working condition.
- Assigning routes to drivers based on workplan and schedule.
- Communicating with dispatch to ensure that drivers have accurate information about their routes
- Keeping track of the mileage and fuel consumption of the vehicles and generating weekly and monthly reports for the same.
- Overseeing maintenance schedules and make sure that all vehicles are ready to go when needed.
- Participating in hiring new drivers or training current ones on safety protocols and best practices
- Ensuring that company policies are followed regarding vehicle maintenance, accident prevention, fuel procedures, and other driving practices so as to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensuring that the vehicles are regularly serviced and repaired, and that they are clean and in good working condition.
- Maintaining safety standards for drivers, passengers, and pedestrians
- Conducting regular safety inspections of vehicles to ensure that they are in good working order.
- Establishing procedures for employee performance evaluations.
- Reviewing safety reports to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Training new employees on safety procedures and company policies
Number of staff reporting to this position – 11
- Drivers – 10
- Mechanic – 1
- KCSE with a minimum of C-.
- Certificate in Automotive/Motor Vehicle Engineering.
- Minimum C (medium track) driving qualifications and experience.
- Experience in fleet management.
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- Integrity & Accountability