Finance Officer Job, Latest Finance Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Finance Officer – IT,
Industry: Information Technology,
Gross Salary: Kshs 50k – 60k,
Our client is a start-up IT firm in Kenya with more than 30 years’ experience in the data center industry across the world. They are seeking to hire a Finance Officer will actively participate in maintaining the financial health of our company through day to-day management of financial transactions and procedures.
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers in ZohoBooks.
- Reconcile cash and bank entries with deposits and expenses on a daily basis.·
- Ensure all transactions have the necessary supporting documents which are stored
- in ZohoBooks attached to the relevant transaction
- in Zoho Workdrive and
- where applicable for physical files.
- Produce monthly financial statements (cash flow, profit and loss and balance sheet)
- Report daily cash balances
- Calculate and file VAT taxes timely and accurately.
- Ensure WHT deductions are made from payments and paid to KRA timely and accurately.
- Collect WHT certificates from KRA and send to vendors in a timely manner.
- Ensure all statutory and PAYE taxes are accurately deducted and paid to the KRA.
- Prepare financial statements for audit.
- Ensure that customers are invoiced timely and accurately via ZohoBooks.
- Ensure that customer payments are matched to customer invoices accurately in ZohoBooks.
- Ensure that accurate customer statements of accounts are prepared to assist with collections.
- Onboard vendors as per company procedures on to ZohoBooks.
- Prepare Purchase Orders.
- Strictly enforce “No PO, No Payment” policy.
- Prepare and match invoices with purchase orders.
- Obtain quarterly, confirmatory statement of accounts from vendors.
- Deal with all administrative requirements for the site.Maintain the asset register.
- Regularly complete asset and quality audits.
- Assist Sales Operations to prepare reports for customers, such as quarterly customer billing overviews.
- Assist Operations team to provide reports on expenses from Operations.
- Prepare reports on weekly activities.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Work with the Finance colleagues in other countries to develop the Finance function further.
- Engage pro-actively with your colleagues to make improvements in the Finance Function.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- BSc degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Computer Literacy: Microsoft Packages
- Must have at least CPA part 2 professional certification.
- Knowledge of financial account management, maintainance of general ledgers, fiscal compliance, audits, invoicing, financial reporting and vendor management.
- Proven work experience as a Finance Officer or similar role.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting procedures.
- Experience using financial software.
- MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial regulations.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Sharp time management skills.
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related course from a recognized university.