Field & Technical Manager Job, Agricultural Kenyan Jobs 2022,
Title: Field and Technical Manager,
Location: Various part of Kenya,
Gross salary: Kshs 80k – 100k,
Our client is an agricultural enterprise involved in the growing, contracting and exporting of fresh fruits, and vegetables and largely working with small-holder farmers in the country. They seek to hire a Field and Technical Manager who will be responsible for overseeing and management of the avocado, passion fruit, mangos, and vegetables out growers and the company’s farm operations.
- Overall supervision of agronomists, farm supervisors and other field workers by providing proper leadership, guidance, and control in order to have an effective field operation.
- The employee will have a leading role in implementing the company’s ongoing and proposed projects amongst the farmer’s schemes e.g. permaculture, living wages, Living Incomes and agroforestry.
- Increase fruit production and quality by among other intervention measures ensuring proper adoption of agreed farming practices amongst the growers notably pests and diseases management.
- Equip producers with knowledge, awareness of organic farming principles, better avocado orchard management and certifications for organic, GlobalGap, Fairtrade and SMETA, through farmer training and other relevant instruments.
- Develop production protocols for commercialized crops.
- Oversee the company’s passion fruit growing and other proposed projects.
- Communicate effectively about the company’s farmer development model, plans etc. to farmers, project stakeholders and the wider public to advance its vision and mission.