Design & Civil Works Engineer Job, Current Engineering Jobs Kenya.
Company: Broadband Communication Network,
Title: Design & Civil Works Engineer,
Reports To: Projects Manager,
Broadband Communication Network is a communication Technologies Organization dedicated to providing Complete Communication Network Solutions for Network Operators, Communication Regulators, Broadcasting Houses, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) Utilities, Governments, UN bodies, and large business organizations in Africa. They seek to recruit the Design & Civil Works Engineer who will supervise Civil works to ensure the quality of work
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supervision of Civil works to ensure the quality of work
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and structures are completed within budget and on time
- Undertake preparation of project reports/ Bills of Quantities.
- Preparation and updating of work schedules and Work Method statement for the execution, control, and management of the project.
- Enforce compliance to HSE rules for a safe working environment and personal safety
- Attending MSV’s Preparation of planning (Design/Optimization) Drawings for proposed projects to be used by contractors.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations and site Audit surveys
- Developing detailed designs using a range of computer software
- Liaising with clients and a variety of professionals including subcontractors
- Compiling job specs and supervising tendering procedures
- Resolving design and development problems
- Managing budgets and project resources
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements, especially health and safety
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Building, and construction, etc
- 5 years of experience in the telecommunication and Construction industry
- Ability to read and Interpret Construction and Telecom Installation drawings
- Project Planning-MS-Project.
- Computer-Aided design-CAD
- Labor-based Road rehabilitation principles.
- Site-Management and administration.
- Contract procurement procedures.
- Cost Estimates and tendering.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.