Communications & Conference Manager, Africa Job, Current Communication Kenyan Jobs,
Title: Communications & Conference Manager, Africa,
Preferred Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Johannesburg, South Africa ,
Our Client is an International organization that works to ensure the delivery of life-saving health products, technologies, and information to those who need them the most. They seek to hire a Communications & Conference Manager – Africa with a strong understanding of and extensive experience with communication best practices, media relations, event and conference planning, and stakeholder engagement.
Media and Communications
- Make complex concepts accessible and actionable to a wide audience by developing key messages, fact sheets, social media posts, and creative digital materials and mobilizing teams accordingly
- Advance existing and build new relationships with top-tier media outlets so that our clients’ efforts receive the best coverage for advancing their goals
- Elevate the voice and expertise of high-level influencers by crafting opinion pieces and other media outputs, prepping them for interviews, and providing ongoing counsel
- Leverage trends in media coverage, key announcements, new evidence, and high-level conversations to further strategies that work on behalf of client interests
- Develop compelling narratives for communication content that can take the form of human-interest stories, case studies, newsletters, podcasts, videos, etc.
- Draft/edit policy documents, technical materials, project reports, etc.
Event and Conference Management
- Oversee high-level conferences and events, including identifying speakers, moderators, and attendees; developing agendas and thematic content; and integrating creative session formats and presentations
- Build an understanding of key conference topics and themes
- Strategically position the conference to reach target audiences and key stakeholders
- Maintain fully updated agenda, speaker lists, and speaker biographies
- Develop session briefs to guide panels and plenaries; liaise with speakers and moderators to prepare them for speaking engagements
- Develop promotional materials such as conference brochures, newsletters, and social media content; oversee the design of relevant conference collateral
- Create communication campaigns to raise awareness of and generate momentum for the conference
- Get organizers/partners on the same page through careful coordination, relationship management, and message alignment.
- Oversee major deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Manage project work plans, teams, and budgets to ensure timely completion of client deliverables
- Lead client calls and meetings and keep the senior management informed of project development
- Coach junior staff members on writing, client-facing interactions, and time management skills
- Ensure quality control for project processes and documents
- Represent the organization at external meetings and events
Click here for more details on the job
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.