Chemistry/Biology Teacher Job, Current Teaching Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Chemistry/Biology Teacher,
Location: Ukunda Kwale,
Gross Salary: 25-30k,
Our client is a well-established school based in Kwale county. They are seeking to hire a qualified and experienced Chemistry/Biology Teacher to join their school who will be responsible for the development and growth of young children to develop their social skills in addition to teaching them basic education. The ideal candidate will instruct learners in activities that promote physical, social and intellectual growth.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To prepare and deliver high quality lessons in line with the school’s vision and mission.
- To collaboratively develop unit and lesson plans for the curriculum
- To ensure students acquire excellent knowledge and skills so that they make progress, achieve their targets and are prepared for the next stage of their careers
- Produce documents such as Unit plans, Records of Work, Course outlines, class analysis etc.
- Differentiate lessons in order to match learners’ needs
- Involve the learners in different learning activities such as storytelling, role plays, numbers and letters recognition, etc.
- Displaying learners’ work in the classroom to showcase their abilities and finished projects.
- Facilitating occasional virtual meetings with parents to update them on learners’ progress.
- Look after the children’s basic needs like feeding, wellbeing, and academic progress.
- Plan regular excursions to expose them to different environments.
- Monitor the learners attentively and make sure they remain safe around campus.
- Observe the behavior of children and help them improve it by building self-confidence and teaching social values.
- To guide learners with learning differences and behavioral challenges.
- Guide learners on how to socialize with peers and encourage them to resolve small arguments independently.
- Accompany them during activities such as swimming, dance and skating etc.
- Teach the learners the importance of cleanliness and good manners.
- Observe the learners’ capabilities and help them strengthen their core skills.
- Manage and update the progress of children and create reports for parents.
- Collaborate with the parents and communicate with them regularly regarding children’s performance on their diaries and electronically.
- Keep the classrooms clean as per the health safety standards.
- Accompany learners during transit to ensure their safety and comfort.
Qualifications and Skills Requirement
- A Bachelor’s of Arts / Education with two teaching subjects i.e. Chemistry & Biology
- Must be registered by the TSC
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Have a strong classroom management skill
- A team player with good command in written and spoken English
- Be conversant with CBC curriculum
- Good knowledge of Childhood Development.
- Passionate about 21st Century teaching skills and I.T. savvy.
- Creative and good teaching / reading abilities.
- Patient and hands on with children.
- Good intra and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in modern pedagogy and demonstrable teaching practices.
- Innovative and creative individual.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
How to Apply