Animal Care Specialist Job, Current Agricultural Jobs Kenya,
Title: Animal Care Specialist – Animal Husbandry,
Job Type: Entry Level,
Salary: 23k Gross plus Allowances,
Our client is a globally competitive Education Training Centre in Nyeri. They seek to hire an efficient Animal Care Specialist who will be tasked with caring and breeding of the various dairy animals in the farm
- Observe animals for signs of illness, injury, or unusual behaviour; notifying veterinarians or managers as warranted.
- Monitor animal care, maintenance, or breeding; or packing and transfer activities to ensure work is done correctly
- Train workers in animal care procedures, maintenance duties, and safety precautions.
- Treat animal illnesses or injuries, following experience or instructions of veterinarians.
- Assign tasks such as feeding and treatment of animals, and cleaning and maintenance of animal quarters.
- Prepare reports concerning facility activities, employees’ time records, and animal treatment.
- Confer with managers to determine production requirements, conditions of equipment and supplies, and work schedules.
- Feed animals, administer medication, and clean waste
- Operate milking equipment to milk cows
- Ensure that all farming and milking equipment is properly maintained
- Work in conjunction with large animal vets to provide herd health management, veterinary treatments, and routine vaccinations
- Consult with animal nutritionists and livestock feed sales representatives to create feeding plans that yield maximum milk production levels
- Study feed, weight, health, genetic, or milk production records in order to determine feed formulas and rations and breeding schedules.
Click here to apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.