Credit Controller Job, Latest Credit Control Jobs In Kenya,
CREDIT CONTROLLER: 1 POSITION, MOMBASA
Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the job holder will be responsible for monitoring and controlling accounts receivables, ensuring debt collection within the agreed period, assessing credit risk for all customers and minimizing bad debts.
- Continuously review all new and existing customer accounts within the Group and ensure all accounts have set credit limits and credit terms, with focus on minimizing credit exposures.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager to undertake credit appraisals and make credit decisions by conducting timely assessments of customers credit limit using credit reference agencies to obtain company/consumer information/Asses customer history (where possible) to ensure minimal risk and providing reports as and when required.
- Ensure that customer have valid, signed contracts and maintain the contract files.
- Constantly evaluate compliance to the company credit procedures (as per the approved finance policy requirements) and prepare a monthly report to the Group Finance Manger on risky accounts and corrective measures necessary.
- Prepare receipts for customer deposits within 48 hours of payments and credit notes to account for Withholding VAT and ensure that customer accounts have Withholding VAT fully accounted for and maintain the records in the required standards.
- Ensure that all customers pay within the stipulated credit terms and that debt collection is done as per the collection procedures in the finance policy.
- Manage the assigned portfolio of customer accounts and ensure timely resolution of customer queries and complaints.
- Prepare a monthly collection Dashboard indicating collection in the period under review and efficiency of each collection strategy.
- Prepare adequate provisions for bad and doubtful debts on a quarterly basis.
- Assist the Group Finance Manager to implement internal controls to enable agreed credit terms are maintained as per finance policy and contracts & quotation are in place for all customers.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in Credit Control, preferably in the Manufacturing,Logistics or Insurance Sector.
- Professional Certification in Finance is required.
Skills & Competencies
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must have advanced knowledge of SAP accounting software.
- High level of Commercial and Financial Awareness.
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability.
- Excellent Work Management Skills.
- Proactive/results oriented.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described. send your application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job title on the subject line of the email by 26th September 2020.