Credit Control Manager Job, Latest Credit Control Jobs In Kenya,
Title: Credit Control Manager– Paint Company.
Our client is a leading paint manufacturing company based in Nairobi. They seek to hire a highly-skilled and well-experienced Credit Control Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the credit management of the organization and the management of the credit control team.
- Develop and implement credit strategies and periodically update the credit control policy
- Manage all debt collection for the company as per set standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all invoices and support documentation are dispatched in good time to the clients from the billing department, in liaison with the accountants
- Managing the credit management function and overseeing the credit control function.
- Leading and motivating the credit control team to achieve collection targets and working to strict monthly and annual collections targets.
- Managing relationships with clients to reduce exposure to potential bad debt and ensure the vetting of creditworthiness status of new accounts before they are operational.
- Implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of internal controls and outlining of comprehensive credit risk procedures.
- Implementing effective reporting and assessment tools to minimize risk and proactively identify problem areas and customers.
- Ensuring that all major accounts work to agreed order of cash cycle, timely collection of cash on delivery of cash sales, and monitor COD deadlines and all supplies to both cash and credit customers
- Responsible for control of discounts as approved by the Managing Director/ Head of Sales for cash and credit customers.
- Handle disputes and negotiate to bring payments within the agreed terms and respond promptly and completely to both client and internal queries.
- Responsible for liaison with the legal team on court cases and debt collectors to provide accurate advice on billing queries.
- Liaising with the sales and accounts receivable teams to resolve outstanding queries
- Conduct weekly credit control meeting
- Preparation of weekly cash forecasts including customer collections.
- Preparing a monthly report on outstanding accounts.
- Monthly reporting on the Key Performance Indicators for the department.
- Other duties assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in Credit Control, preferably in the Manufacturing Sector.
- CPA Qualification is a must.
- Must have Legal exposure on debt collection
- Must have advanced knowledge of SAP accounting software.
- Understanding of business operations with knowledge on best credit policy adjustments
- Good leadership skills and experience in problem-solving, negotiation and turnaround management
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must have advanced mathematical skills, analytical skills, and communication skills.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.