Credit Analyst Job at BIMAS Kenya
BIMAS Kenya Limited seeks to fill the position of credit analyst
Reporting to: General Manager – Operations
Station: Head Office – Embu
Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal Credit Policies and Procedures and facilitating Management of Credit Risks in line the CBK prudential guidelines.
He /she shall safeguard the institution against loss by ensuring accuracy, completeness and credit worthiness of all the requests for loan facilities and recommend appropriate risk mitigation mechanisms
- Ensuring compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies;
- Ensure high turnaround time (TAT) for Credit proposals
- Ensure that all appraisal decisions meet the agreed SLA
- Ensure all disbursed consumer loans are forwarded in time
- Co-ordinate efforts together with Internal Audit and Branches to ensure adherence to the Credit Policy and lending guidelines
- Work closely with Operations , Audit and Legal departments to maintain an appropriate credit risk management culture
- Review loan security margins as per the existing market trends and advice the management on any necessary reviews.
- Reviewing and making recommendations relating to all new loan facilities;
- Ensuring proper reporting, documentation and review to determine that lending to the respective segments is within acceptable risk.
- Analyzing the loan book in terms of credit risk exposures to the corporation
- Management of credit risks through analysis and recommend approvals for facilities within the Institutions tolerable risk levels
- Ensure that the PAR of the portfolio is within target
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- A minimum grade of B in KCSE
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Relevant professional training in Credit management with advanced Knowledge on Credit risk assessment approaches and models.
- Qualifications in accounting or Finance are an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience a reputable Microfinance/banking institution, in appraising Group and Individual loans ( 2 of which should be in a similar position)
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- A team player with the drive to improve performance.
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Aged between 30 and 40 years
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the job application form here http://www.bimaskenya.com/index.php/careers (This is Mandatory)
All applications should also include;
- Detailed and updated Cvs
- Copies of certificates and testimonials
- Daytime telephone and email contacts of 3 professional referees ( one must be an immediate supervisor and or Human resource person of current or last place worked)
- Any other relevant information
Indicate the position as the subject of your email not later than the 10th February 2018.
Addressed to the;
The HR and Administration Manager
BIMAS Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 2299
Embu – 60100
NB; Applications that do not follow the guidelines above will be disqualified and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. BIMAS Kenya Limited is an equal opportunity employer