Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Center for Public Health and Development (CPHD) is a Nairobi based non-profit organization working to improve health systems through training and other innovations in the East and Southern Africa region.
CPHD combines local capacity with global knowledge to empower public and private health sector workers to improve access to better quality health services for the people they serve. Today, CPHD is leading a number of innovative projects in the region that seek to fast-track attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
CPHD has successfully incubated two social enterprises – HEWA TELE – a medical Oxygen production and distribution company and MediQuip Global – a biomedical equipment maintenance company.
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for sound financial health of both CPHD and its subsidiaries. While producing quality financial reports and developing strategies based on financial analysis based on the existing finance structures the FM will be required to support the executive in making sound business decisions in the long and short term and lead in development of the company annual operating budgets and long-term strategic plans.
Finance Manager will work hand in hand with the finance team and report to the CPHD Executive Director (ED) and the Hewa Tele Limited CEO.
1. Provide leadership to the team while giving required support.
· Team planning and objective setting for the department including team mentorship.
· Performance Management of the team to ensure that the team has clear and achievable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
· Close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer (HTL) and Executive Director (CPHD and MediQuip Global) to support strategic development of the department.
· Representation of the Department in external and internal meetings
2. Development, implementation and oversight of all Finance Systems, Policies & Practices
· Ensure finance policies and procedures comply with the Kenya laws including donor regulations for CPHD grants.
· Supervision of finance activities to ensure adherence to policies and best practice’s
· Track the institution financial status for both CPHD and the subsidiaries and performance to identify areas for potential improvement to ensure continuous improvement of the organization systems and procedures
· Understand and keep abreast with new finance trends, report to management and develop corresponding changes in finance policies and practices.
· Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary
· Stay up to date with technological advances on the existing accounting software system (ERP) to be used for financial purposes
· Oversee coordinate with other departments, and execute the annual budget process for both CPHD and its Subsidiaries
· Support in development of Grants budgets during business development
· Oversee and support in development of various finance models that are functional as required for the commercial entities ( HTL and MediQuip Global)
· Coordinate with relevant teams in development and review of timely donor financial reports as required
· Support the business entities in costing of products, equipment’s and supplies to ensure sustainable profit margins
· Support in reviewing the finance sections of business tenders for the commercial entities while ensuring that they meet the tender thresholds.
· Establish and maintain a functioning intercompany policy across CPHD and its subsidiaries
· Seek out methods for minimizing financial risks for CPHD and its subsidiaries
· Support in research and analyzing financial reports and market trends for both commercial entities
· Develop user friendly and functional finance reporting tools for CPHD and its subsidiaries
· Provide insightful information and expectations to executive to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
· Review all relevant financial data (cash flow, bank reconciliations, etc.) as required to prepare monthly and annual reports to share with the relevant Executive Teams across the institution
· Present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executive, and clients and investors in formal meetings
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position at Senior Management Level (Ideally both NGO and commercial sector experience will be an added advantage)
· Excellent Knowledge of Finance Management
· Good knowledge in Grants Management will be an added advantage
· Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
· Proven record of having designed and delivered strategic and annual business plans
· Financial Management experience, including internal controls and accountability: Ideally the individual will have managed a P&L; however, they will have definitely had experience managing and improving the bottom line
· Demonstrable experience of generating, tracking and analyzing management information and available data to inform management decision-making
· Previous experience, identifying and sharing best practice and encouraging innovation within dispersed teams
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAININGS
· Advanced Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, or any related field
· Professional Qualification such as CFA/CPA (K)or similar
· Leadership skills and experience
· Superior team management skills
· Understanding of data privacy standards
· Solid communication skills, both written and verbal; public speaking skills;
· Deep understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organizational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity and honesty.
· Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter