Corporation Secretary Job, Legal Jobs April,
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital (KUTRRH) is a State Corporation registered under Legal Notice Number 4 of the State Corporations Act Cap 446 in January 2019 as a Level 6 Tertiary Hospital and is now operational offering specialized referral services. The Hospital is seeking to recruit qualified and experienced expertise in the following listed areas. These positions will be on full time basis.
CORPORATION SECRETARY – KUTRRH/LSCS/381 – 1 POST
The Corporate Secretary job exists to ensure the integrity of governance framework, efficient administration, compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, implement Board decisions and provide legal advice at KUTRRH.
- Plan for all human and non-human resources required in running the affairs of the hospital board secretariat in the
- Provide expert advice to the Board in respect of current legislations, corporate governance best practice requirements, role of directors, ethical standards, board reporting obligations and proper meetings procedures in the
- Prepare and review Board and Committee charters, policies and procedures and ensure adherence to the same and other emerging governance policies and procedures in the
- Arrange Board and Board Committees’ meetings and functions, set agendas, compile and circulate papers, attend meetings, and take minutes, and initiate and direct action to give practical effect to decisions and actions arising out of meetings in the
- Manage the hospital board secretariat together with its assets such as the company seal, registration certificate and other legal documents and other resources and business in the
- Manage and respond to correspondence directed to the Board, the Chair and other Board Members in the
- Maintain the Board’s online information-sharing portal by ensuring effective and efficient information flows: – within the Board; from the Board to its Committees and from the Committees to the Board; and between the Board and the Executive, and record declarations/conflicts of interest of Board Members in the
- Maintain other records relevant to the Board and its operations within and without the
- Facilitate the recruitment and induction of new Board Members in the
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as the hospital executive committee, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance, and other governmental and non-governmental and private sector strategic partners to the
- Advise the organization on the legal aspects of day-to-day administrative matters and also provide legal opinion/advise on industrial development
- Represent the organization in all issues requiring legal address-claims, defamation, legal suits
- Coordinate legal activities within the hospital (in preparation of the organization legal documentations, chargers’ leases, incubation agreements discharge, liaise with external lawyers for specified matters etc.)
- Perform other secretarial duties as reasonably required by the Chair and other Board Members from time to time
- Bachelor of Law from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in Law or Social Sciences, MBA or related course will be an added advantage
- Post Graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya with current practicing certificate
- Certified Public Secretary
- Proficiency in computer
- Excellent knowledge of the State Corporation Act
- Excellent knowledge of the Mwongozo Code of Governance for State Corporations
- Knowledge of professional standards
- At least 10 years’ working experience 5 of which should have been in managerial capacity
- Practicing Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in Public Service or Private Sector
Soft Skills Required
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Listening skills
- Analytical skills
- Patient and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to observe high level confidentiality
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers OR send hard copies of your Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form ONLY to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O. Box 7674 – 00100 GPO Nairobi Kenya
For all applications, please indicate the subject as follows: JOB APPLICATION – [JOB REFERENCE NUMBER]. Please note that you have to attach the Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Filled Application Form when you apply online via the portal.
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is 4th May 2021. Detailed job descriptions can be accessed on the Kenya University Teaching, Referral and Research Hospital careers portal: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All shortlisted candidates must fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (for University graduates only)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the KRA
- Clearance from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau
Please take note that all communication to potential candidates is specifically through official telephones/ email.
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
KUTRRH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
YOUTH, WOMEN AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.