Corporation Secretary Job, Legal Jobs 2020,
Position: Corporation Secretary/Head Of Legal Division
Ref Nbr: HR/CS/005/2020 (I POST)
Terms of offer: The appointment shall be on a three (3) year contractual term renewable subject to performance.
Agricultural Development Corporation (ADC), a Parastatal in the Agricultural Sector seeks dynamic and result oriented person to fill the following position in its establishment. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. Shall be the Chief Legal advisor to the Corporation, Head of Legal Division, Secretary to the Board and shall ensure that all legal matters affecting the Corporation are handled expeditiously.
- Bachelors Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
- Masters degree in Law (LLM) (added advantage).
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Certified Public Secretary CPS (K) in good professional standing.
- Current practicing certificate.
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
- Conversant with Land laws.
- 8 years post-qualification experience in legal practice, 5 of which should be at Managerial position.
- Knowledge of Corporate Governance.
- Providing professional advice and responsible for all Legal matters impacting the Corporation.
- Preparing and ensuring appropriate execution of all Contracts and Leases.
- Overseeing Insurance matters of the Corporation.
- Ensuring the Corporation is represented in all issues requiring legal redress.
- Advising Management on current legal developments relevant to the Corporation
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Corporation Policies and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for all litigation, conveyance matters and managing all legal issues in the Corporation in Liaison with external legal counsel or 3rd parties.
- Responsible for developing/reviewing all Legal instruments entered into by the Corporation to ensure that the Corporation interests are protected.
- Managing all aspects of the Board and Committee processes.
- Providing technical guidance and advice on internal governance requirements, regulations and Board process.
- Coordinating the governance audit process.
In addition, all applicants should submit certified copies of compliance/clearance certificates:
a) Police clearance certificate(DCI)
b) Tax compliance certificate ( KRA).
c) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) clearance certificate
d) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) clearance certificate.
e) Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) Certificate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should apply quoting the position reference, attach detailed CV, indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current remuneration, certified copies of academic and professional certificates ,day time telephone contact, e-mail address, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and expected salary on or before 10th December, 2020.
The applications should be sent to the following address:-
The Managing Director
Agricultural Development Corporation
P.O. Box 47101-00100
or drop at Development House, 10th floor
ADC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, People with Disabilities and people from the marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.