Finance Manager Job, Latest Banking Jobs In Kenya,
Industry: Banking & Finance
Salary: Competitive Based on experience
Our client is a fast-growing financial technology company with presence in 4 African countries and now venturing into the Kenyan Market. They seek to hire an experienced Finance Manager
to play a key role as part of the country’s new management team. S/He will be responsible for ensuring effective strategic and operational financial planning, monitoring, and reporting to enhance the decision-making process of the Senior Management Team and to ensure compliance with all statutory and external requirements and regulations, Management of the Bank’s financial functions of budgeting, cost management, financial reporting, compliance monitoring, liaison with strategy development and execution.
- Oversee daily operations of the Accounts and Finance Department.
- Provide strategic leadership in operational financial planning, monitoring and reporting to enhance decision making of the institution
- Prepare timely financial statements and reports as required by all pertinent laws and regulations and deemed necessary and demanded from time to time
- Preparation of financial results for communication to relevant external parties, includes oversight and coordination of statutory reporting and audits by Central Bank, Revenue Authorities, IRA and any other financial services regulators
- Liaise with the Chief Executive Office and senior management to prepare and implement the financial strategy
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory reports are correct and submitted in a timely manner as well as with various government bodies, on all tax, accounting, and reporting requirements
- Advise the CEO on all financial and accounting matters of the institution.
- Prepare, control, and monitor the organization’s revenue, capital, and expenditure budget in line with the strategic and operation plans of the organization.
- Create and maintain strong financial discipline by planning, controlling, and reporting on the organization’s financial performance to the Senior Management on a monthly, quarterly, half yearly and yearly basis.
- Liaise with external auditors and regulatory bodies to ensure that all financial transactions are compliant with existing regulatory instruments and accounting standards.
- Liaise with ICT department in the acquisition of the necessary software for the finance function.
- Alert the Senior Management regarding any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence and problems concerning the financial systems, financial plans and financial operations which could have a negative financial implication.
- Establish and implement short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Coordinate effective treasury management to ensure effective cash flow and cash flow analysis.
- Monitor and analyse monthly operating results against budget.
- Manage the institution’s cash flow position.
- Ensure compliance with Government requirements in relation to budgetary preparation and approvals.
- Prepare Corporate Tax returns and ensures that the Bank adheres to all tax laws and other financial statutory requirements.
- To perform any other duty as assigned in line with the organization goals and objectives
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management/Administration or related business degree
- Certified Chartered Accountant/ Certified Public Accountant.
- Current member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) with a valid membership Certificate
- 3-5 years working experience in busy accounting/finance function preferably in a financial institution. At least 3 years must be in a management position
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Finance Manager) to [email protected]e before 11th April 2022. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.