Our client is a leading European IT Solutions and Services Group with strong international presence, offering innovative and added-value solutions of the highest quality.They seek to recruit a Corporate Communications Manager to join their Kenya team.
- Lead and manage the formulation and implementation of Country Communications Strategy in line with the Global Communications Strategy.
- Provide strategic advice and support to the leadership team in relation to communications as well manage risks related to organization’s communication and media work.
- Communicate Organization’s achievements and lessons learnt in order to influence change at policy level and raise organization’s profile as a key player/expert in the areas identified in the Global Strategy.
- Ensure adherence to communication policies, protocols, standards and implement guidelines for producing communications content across the organization.
- Ensure the consistent and correct use of all the corporate and branding elements in line with the global brand book for all the communications and IEC materials and in public events.
- Lead the production of high quality communication products including information packs, power point presentations, press releases, speeches and talking points, annual reports, organization profile, newsletters, photos and video and multimedia content.
- In liaison with programme staff, lead the production of creative key messages appropriately tailored to external and internal audiences including through the production and dissemination of reports, the organization of events and conferences.
- Support emergency communications in regards to visibility and profiling of the organization.
- Lead internal communication and keep staff regularly informed of up-to-date organizational developments at global, regional and country level through effective channels.
- Take full responsibility for performance management of all direct reports, work closely with them to define their performance objectives, mentor and focus their work to be in line with organization values.
- Develop a communications budget, monitor the use of the resources and take appropriate actions to optimize use of funds.
- Support the development of organization staff’s communication skills.
- Manage all external consultants as required for the development of agreed outputs
- Develop a digital communications strategy in like with the global one to convey the right messages to the targeted audiences using the right channels.
- Communicate the global social media policy and protocols to all users.
- Oversee the website content management to ensure it is relevant, accurate and up to date.
- In liaison with the Director of Programmes and the Influencing Advisor, support campaign initiatives in relation to organization’s global and local campaigns, organise events and ensure appropriate messages for the local context.
- Establish, strengthen and maintain strategic partnership and alliances with campaigns and advocacy partners.
- Lead in the production and dissemination of positions papers and statements, key messages, fact sheets on the campaign themes.
- Establish, strengthen and maintain strategic partnership with media and public relations partners in order to boost organization’s public image, profile and visibility in the country.
- Ensure that the organization’s is positioned high and known as a child focused organization with a special focus on girls through creating of opportunities for media engagements.
- Support the positioning of the organization’s as a charity of choice – for development and humanitarian works using targeted mass media both at country and local level.
- Support the programme staff, ensure the effective gathering, packaging, management and sharing of critical information required to achieve country program goals, external influence and strategic directions.
- In collaboration with the DRM, ensure that Emergency Response and Recovery Program Situation Reports are professionally and efficiently produced and disseminated to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that best practices, success stories, case studies etc are produced and add value to country operations, fundraising and donor retention plan and the annual reports are released on time each year.
- Ensures that proper systems and mechanisms are in place through which corporate communications and marketing products are properly documented, protected, shared and displayed as necessary.
- Ensure that user friendly systems or infrastructures are in place where learning resources are shared.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Media Studies, International Relations or Marketing A relevant Masters’ Degree is an added advantage.
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience with at least 3 years’ management experience. Knowledge & Skills
- Good understanding of child protection and development issues.
- Experience in developing and implementing communications strategies.
- Knowledge in digital communication and social media.
- People skills – able to interact, supervise, negotiate, influence, network, advocate and facilitate.
- Writing skills – able to write press releases, speeches and presentations.
- Event management skills.
- Takes initiative
- Takes responsibility
- Analytical ability
- Team orientation
- Problem solving
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 4th March 2019.
Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.