Procurement Officer Job at Consolidated Bank
Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd seeks to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual for the following position of a Procurement Officer.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring an effective and efficient procurement process in order to acquire the desired goods, works and services.
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
- Prepare, publish and distribute procurement and disposal opportunities including invitations to tender, prequalification, registration documents and invitations for expressions of interest.
- Coordinate evaluation of tenders, quotations and proposals.
- Prepare and issue debrief letters to successful and unsuccessful vendors.
- Assist in developing and implementing purchasing policies and strategies, aimed at ensuring that the bank procures goods, works and services in the most cost effective manner.
- Assist in developing the Bank’s annual procurement plan and monitor adherence to the same.
- Maintain and update list of registered suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Receive approved purchase requisitions from internal users and facilitate the sourcing process in line with procurement best practices.
- Conduct sourcing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures to meet business needs and participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements that will deliver value for money procurement outcomes.
- Implement and contribute to the development of contract management plans, resolve issues, monitor performance and negotiate contract variations through effective supplier relationships to enhance business outcomes.
- Generate reports on procurement and contract activity to meet statutory and organizational compliance requirement.
Qualifications for the Procurement Officer Job
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or Purchasing & Supply Management or Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- Should possess Diploma qualifications in Purchasing and Supply Management from the Chartered Institute of
- Purchasing & Supply Management or Kenya Institute of Supplies or from a recognized University.
- Should be a registered member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Should have solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems.
- Must possess excellent report writing, verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Should be team player with good analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Should demonstrate high ability and creativity in cost management strategies.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 6th October 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd
P.O. Box 51133 – 00200
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.