Applications Support ICT Officer Job at Consolidated Bank
Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned,with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
We seek to recruit qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
Reporting to the Manager, Business Systems, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing on-going support and improvements for Core Banking System and its related modules;
Participating in development, implementation and maintenance of software applications; documenting system components and providing general IT Support within the ICT Shared Service.
Applications Support ICT Officer Job Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot software problems, resolve and escalate those that are beyond own capability to specialists
- Undertake application problem analysis and resolution for application problems in conjunction with the usersand application suppliers
- Provide guidance and support for application users to ensure that the business application systems supported by the ICT Shared Service are maintained to the highest possible standard with maximum levels of attainable productivity and efficiency
- Assist with implementation of ICT application projects. Provide technical input where required
- Develop simple software programs to meet the banks need as and when required
- Provide support for application configuration and upgrades, and problem analysis and resolution for application problems, in conjunction with the users and external application or service suppliers where necessary
Review the help desk statistics to identify the user training needs and develop and facilitate user training.
Install and update antivirus programs on all desktops
Ensure systems uptime and manage interfaces, defined operational system processes and data extracts
Qualifications for the Applications Support ICT Officer Job
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Telecommunications & Communication or any related field.
- Professional qualification in PHP/MCP/MCSE
- Should have at least 3 years’ working experience in a busy commercial IT environment in supporting a core banking application and its related modules
- Should have experience in systems analysis, design, implementation and support
- Should have excellent knowledge of Linux with ability to write complex SQL queries to extract data and reports from Oracle database.
- Good understanding & ability to document business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions
- Excellent communication, decision making, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 1st December 2017. Applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources
Consolidated Bank of Kenya Ltd
P.O. Box 51133 -00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.