Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Job Title: Manager Monitoring & Evaluation
Reports to: Programmes Director
Direct Reports: The Survey and Surveillance Senior Officer
Liaises with: All Programme Staff
Job Location: Based in Nairobi with 60% travel to field locations
One Year (1) fixed Term Contract Renewable Subject to Availability of Funds and Performance
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade 7
Group Insurance Cover/ WIBA
Group Medical Cover (Principal + 3 Dependants)
. To build the capacity of both staff and partners in monitoring and evaluation of programme to ensure that systematic and effective monitoring occurs.
. To develop an integrated monitoring system for Concern’s Programme and partners that facilitates effective and efficient monitoring of project implementation and impact.
. Increased M&E capacity of programme team, who benefit from M&E plans and tools, with allocated time and resources ensuring reflection and learning takes place.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review Concern Worldwide and Concern Kenya (CK) strategic, policy and programme documents including but not limited to PM&E guide, How Concern Understands Extreme Poverty and Contextual Analysis Guidelines.
· Review project documents, plans and indicators and learn about current M&E practices for each CK programme
· Work with programme teams build upon existing strengths, propose revising indicators if necessary, and develop plans and tools ensuring systematic monitoring occurs that captures learning and progress.
· Develop formats and templates to aid documentation of learning from the M&E system to support networking and advocacy processes.
· Provide periodic support to teams to ensure staff are confident in using tools and that they are effective, revising them where necessary.
· Develop programme specific M&E strategy/framework in a short and simple document, clearly conceptualizing programme objectives and indicators.
· Ensure timely generation and sharing of monitoring data for effective Program management decision making
· Together with the PD organise quarterly review meetings and field monitoring
· Support program staff in the development of donor proposal and reports.
· Compile the country program result frame work to monitor the progress in the country strategic plan implementation
· The Manager M&E will be flexible in his/her approach, and available to provide support to country management team as required.
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Focal person for compiling the PEER plan , situational report and emergency response analysis
· Lead in the generation and sharing of complete, timely and accurate routine program reports and annual work plan development
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern’s Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme (as per P4 section 6)
Education, Skills and Qualifications
. Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences or equivalent.
. Experience in Management of project M&E systems
. Significant experience and training in M&E designs, tools and methodologies
Experience in methodologies for promoting organizational accountability towards stakeholders, particularly beneficiaries
. Experience in proposal development especially developing logical frameworks
. Experience in managing and prioritizing high workload with a flexible approach to changing environments
. Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
. Excellent skills in information management including recording, analysis, reporting and review methods
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter