Search For Jobs Offers in Kenya
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Reports to: Logistics Coordinator
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract Details: One (1) Year
Group Medical Cover (Principal and 3 dependents)
Group Life Cover
Group Personal Accident cover
Salary: Starting salary of Grade 3 as per Concern’s pay scale
The incumbent will provide logistics and procurement support in the logistics department.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Printing field documents for approval in Nairobi & scanning back of approved documents to the field locations
· Completing single threshold procurements for field offices, except Marsabit.
· Photocopying all procurement documents before submitting to finance
· Filing of procurement and logistics documents
· Archiving of documents
· Tracking and monitoring all original invoices from the field for payment
· Issuing tender documents to vendors on request after tender is announced
· Liaising with vendors for invoices immediately after service is rendered for goods purchased
· Assist the procurement officers in updating suppliers list and price lists and regularly checking on price validity for updates
· Updating suppliers list, regularly checking on price validity to produce an updated price list on a regular basis
· Data entry on QEFs, Scoring forms and sheets as well as other forms and completing information on Purchase orders as required.
Assets / Stores Management
· Assist in assets verification on a quarterly basis
· Assist in receiving and dispatching items in the store, working closely with the Logistics Officer Transport & Stores and program staff
· Liaising with vendors for any discrepancies and/or wrong specifications on GRNs
· Sit in for the Logistics Officer – Transport & Stores from time to time in updating store records
Code of conduct and associated policies
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct.
To support and promote the standards outlined in the code of conduct and associated policies to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised from time to time.
· Professional Certification in procurement and logistics
· At least one (1) years’ experience in a similar role
· Proficiency with computers programmes, excel, word, spread sheet
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Previous experience of working in an NGO and /or Concern is preferred.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skill
Innovative, team player with an ability to work under pressure
Concern has a Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct which has been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants, especially beneficiaries, from abuse and exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, partner organisations, and anyone engaged by Concern or visiting our programmes, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context all Concern staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct of their work in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern will be expected to sign the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Programme Participant Protection Policy and the Concern Code of Conduct candidates demonstrate they have understood its content and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of this document. Any breach of the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct by employees of Concern during the course of their employment will result in disciplinary action up to, and including, dismissal. *Additionally, Concern is committed to the safeguarding* *and protection of vulnerable adults and children in our work. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who are suitable to work or volunteer with vulnerable adults and children are recruited by us for such roles. Subsequently, working or volunteering with Concern is subject to a range of vetting checks, including criminal background checking.***
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Follow Concern online:www.concern.net
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter