K MR /7 (K) Vacancy No. FN-026-11-2019
Reports to: Community Liaison Officer
Duration: 1 Year Renewable Contract as per KEMRI Scheme of Service. The first 3 months is a probation period
- Community engagement
- Community sensitization and mobilization for the study.
- Work with CORPS to map study area and recruit potential subjects
- Hold regular meetings and communication with local leaders and Community Units
- Network with stakeholders
- Participate in accelerated mobilization (distributing flyers and posters and conducting a mobile campaign with a public address system to mobilize the community.
- Liaise with community leaders, gatekeepers and the community members about the study in consultation with the CLO.
- Community Advisory Board formulation and continuously liaising with the board
- Participant recruitment activities
- Conducting outreach activities and participant referral
- Escorting participant’s home as needed
- Counselling and informed consent process
- Develop and review participant recruitment SOP and implement strategies
- Participant referral to site
- Participant retention activities
- Obtaining and updating participant locator information
- Report writing on recruitment and retention strategies and updating of the community diary
- Develop and review participant retention SOP and implement strategies
- Participate in health talks at the site and health facilities
- Participant physical and phone tracing as needed.
- Ability to hold discussions with teachers, parents and guardians regarding their respective children’s retention.
- Diploma in Community health, Social Sciences, social work, sociology, psychological counselling or other related fields.
- Experience in working in a busy clinical research set up with extensive hands-on experience working in with communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in a busy reproductive health service provision/promotion organization or delivery of contraceptive services.
- Good Clinical Practice training/Human Subjects Protection training is an added advantage
- Two years working experience as community tracker or related function
- Commitment to integrity and high-quality performance
- Good ability to work in a team
- Keen and attentive to detail
- Ability to task-shift
- Ability to work independently, team player, good communicator, respectful, flexible, enthusiastic, innovative and proactive
- Articulate in both verbal and written communication in English and Swahili. Luo speakers have an added advantage.
- Experience in mobilizing the community especially youth and women organizations
- Computer literacy
- Counselling skills
Applicants should attach the following:
- Letter of Application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae with Telephone number and e-mail address
- Two letters of reference with contact telephone numbers
- Copies of Academic Certificates and Transcripts
- A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable)
- A copy of National Identity card or passport
How To Apply
All applications to be done through email [email protected]
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY;
PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.