Community Health Extension Worker Job, Current County Government Jobs,
The County Government of Meru wishes to recruit competent, self-driven, experienced and qualified staff to fill positions in health department on a five (5) year contract pursuant to articles 10 and 232 of the constitution of Kenya and county governments Act No.17 of 2012.
COMMUNITY HEALTH EXTENSION WORKER III JG ‘G’ (1 POST)
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have a Certificate in any of the following disciplines: Community Health, Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or Community Development from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is an entry and training grade for this cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:-
- Visiting homes to determine health situations and dialogue with household members;
- Identifying and sensitizing communities on health interventions;
- Identifying common ailments and minor injuries at community level;
- Collecting health data at household level for analysis;
- Distribution of Information Education Communication materials, mosquito nets and other commodities to households;
- Identifying defaulters of health interventions and other health cases and referring them to health facilities; and
- Maintaining and updating health data using health
How to Apply
Details of the Positions, Qualifications and Requirements can be downloaded from the county website www.meru.go.ke
Applications will be done Online through http://careers.meru.go.ke/. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
NOTE: Applications to be submitted by 8th January 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Secretary/C.E. O
Meru County Public Service Board
P.O. BOX 120-60200