AECOM International Development implements the Transition Initiatives for Stabilization Plus (TIS+) Program for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), promoting good governance and community cohesion. The objectives of this contract are to:Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets.Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth.Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future.
Communications & Outreach Specialist Job Responsibilities
- The quality of all project communications including, but not limited to, case studies, success stories, media engagement (when appropriate) and newsletter. Weekly and quarterly reports as well as appropriate presentation of various reports that project generates shall also be an important aspect of the role.
- In consultation with USAID, finding the right strategies to work on the strategic messaging related to stabilization in the ever evolving context of Somalia. Finding the project’s relevance to USAID for their advocacy and strategic focus is another important theme of the role.
- The Communications and Outreach Specialist will be responsible for devising the right systems for the preparation of the quarterly and annual technical progress reports submitted to USAID.
- S/he will propose a schedule for report preparation that AECOM’s home office will approve. As needed, the Communications and Outreach Specialist will interview content providers and write original material for inclusion in the reports.
- The Communications and Outreach Specialist will also work with the Chief of Party to create appropriate social media contents for TIS+ and USAID channels; and generate original submissions to USAID newsletters, other partner newsletters, and Communications and Outreach Specialist will work with external organizations, consultants, and platforms for dissemination of communications materials and updates, in line with the above mentioned 2 strategic themes.
- S/he will be the primary point of contact for USAID communications staff.
Qualifications for the Communications and Outreach Specialist Job
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or relevant international development field
- Work Experience: Seven years of relevant experience designing and managing communications and outreach strategies for complex international development program(s)
- Experience writing program summaries, success stories, press releases, initiating story ideas and placement, and monitoring media coverage
- Experience understanding and following USAID branding and marking requirements for assistance awards
- Experience producing radio programs, including interviews, call-in shows, public service announcements, and long-format programs
- Experience working with social media helpful
- Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team under changeable and complex circumstances
- Previous work experience and knowledge of conditions in Somalia strongly preferred
- Experience successfully responding to rapidly evolving issues, and mitigating any adverse impacts
- Skills: Excellent understanding of existing communications tools and mechanisms, including radio and web-based systems
- Native or fluent command of English (written and oral)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously within a multi-functional, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated motivation and willingness to learn and adapt
- Graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite) and photography experience is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, including ability to interview program participants
- Excellent written communication skills, including ability to craft engaging and informative pieces and edit documents in English
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word, Publisher and Excel, is required
- Ability to use media evaluation metrics including basic knowledge of Google Analytics
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their applications here by latest 18th October 2017
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.