Communications Officer Jobs, Communication Jobs, NGO Jobs, Beacon of Hope Jobs
Beacon of Hope (BOH) is a faith based Non-Governmental Organization with a vision to be a model of excellence in holistic community transformation with a Mission to catalyze sustainable transformation by uplifting the spiritual, physical, economic and social well-being of marginalized and vulnerable individuals, families and communities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enterprising individual to join our Communications department as a Communications officer;
- Ensure effective communications across different media and formats in adherence to the Beacon of Hope Communication Standards;
- Ensure that annual planning takes place; planners and detailed calendars developed and communication monitored;
- Manage the webpage of different programs; ensure regular posting of information; Ensure pages are up to date, accurate, compelling;
- Write and produce high quality communication materials, and effectively communicate these across key audiences; while ensuring that they conform to BOH standards and promote the image and objectives of the initiative;
- Provide support on fundraising activities/ Resource Mobilization
- Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms;
- Develop and maintain good links with the media;
- Manage knowledge documentation; support documentation and publication of work and lessons; ensure regular learning sessions occur;
- Manage the Communication department and ensure that set targets are met as per the approved plans and budgets.
- Conduct occasional research and writing assignments on BOH in diverse ways supportive to program goals, including internal learning, policy debates, opinion articles;
- Database: Manage email contacts and internal folders and files for the communications department;
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively for the role.
Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
- Mature Christian who is supportive of the beliefs, calling and vision of Beacon of Hope. Experience in development and/or communications work;
- A university degree in a relevant field
- At least three years’ relevant working experience, specifically in learning/communications;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in both English and Kiswahili; an eye for detail;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Computer proficiency including web-based applications;
- Flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye;
- Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication in Kenyan context;
- Ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality on time;
- He/She should possess strong leadership skills and a person of high level integrity
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates submit a detailed CV and Cover letter including current and expected remuneration (Salary) and three referees to [email protected] with the subject line of the name of the post applied for and cc [email protected]
End date: 15th May 2019
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.