Communications Officer Jobs, Communication Jobs, County Government Jobs, Kirinyaga County Jobs
Job Group N
Job Ref: KCPSB/PCO/N/01/26/03/19
Terms of Service: Contract
An officer at this level will be deployed in the Communication Directorate at the County Headquarters and will report to the Director Communication.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail assisting the Assistant Director Communications in: –
- Gathering information on programmes, significant events in various sectoral areas and the impact on customers, and forwarding the same to the Director Communication for dissemination;
- Management of news;
- Co-ordination of information services;
- Carrying out research on local and national press on public opinion on the County Government;
- Identifying events that require packaging and dissemination to the media;
- Preparing media supplements, documentaries and features. Managing news, information and features;
- Assisting in the co-ordination of information services;
- Carrying out information research and preparing reports;
- Co-coordinating the provision and uploading of content onto the County website and Information Resource Centre.
- Assisting in the development of communications and media strategy;
- Editing stories on various topical issues before they are released to the public and liaising with media practitioners and the public on issues of mutual concern;
- Scheduling interviews with Government officials;
- Managing assigned projects/programmes;
- Organizing events under the guidance of the Director Communication.
- Handling complex news, information and features that require objective judgment.
- Assisting in the development of departmental and individual work plans, news gathering strategies, standards and regulations in management of information and supervision of staff and management of resources.
- Served in the grade of Chief Communication and Information Officer or an equivalent and comparable position in the Public Service or Private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Mass Communication, journalism, Public Relations, Communication Studies, Media Studies/science or Photojournalism from a recognized institution; OR Bachelor’s Degree in social Science with a Postgraduate Diploma in Photojournalism, Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Communication Studies or Media Studies/Science from a recognized institution;
- Have a clear understanding of working of the media;
- Have attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution;
- Possess advanced computer application skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills’ and
- Have demonstrated professional and managerial competence in information work as reflected in work performance and results Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 – 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Friday, 5th April 2019
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply. Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission. Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website: www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.