Communications Officer Job, Communications Job January 2021,
Job Position: Communications Officer
This position will provide timely and effective communications support to the KDEF Team both in Kenya and USA and will ensure high quality delivery of services, products and materials intended to raise the awareness, knowledge and profile of the Organization among partners (donors, NGOs, governments)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications related fields (Corporate Communications, Development Communication, International Relations, Broadcast Media, Print Media or related fields)
- 3 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Experienced and passionate about writing in the education field.
- Passionate about development of Northern Kenya.
- Demonstrated experience in producing high quality graphics and designs for communication;
- Works efficiently and delivers high quality communication outputs in a timely manner with minimum supervision;
- Passionate about the use of social media to create positive change;
- An inspiring and collaborative team player with the desire to support other members of his/her team;
- Creative thinker willing to take leadership and provide creative ideas in communication;
- Capable of working in a high-paced environment to deliver results.
- Required education: Bachelor’s degree
- Required relevant work experience: 3 years
- Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)
- Support the execution of the project’s communications strategy;
- Maintain and regularly update social media handles and ensure they are active;
- Support management and updating of the project website regularly by creating rich and engaging content;
- Support project internal communication processes through WhatsApp groups, project calendar, email and Google Drive;
- Maintain and regularly updated the project photo repository on Dropbox
- Support all on communication related requests, including the execution of their communication strategies, editing blogs and newsletters, branding tools and material, advise on media and social media engagement, and other requests;
- Write and publish a minimum of one blog per Quarter on key project achievements or other newsworthy activities and events;
- Compile and publish a quarterly newsletter that summarizes project highlights.
- Manage the production of high quality communication materials and products to promote project initiatives, including banners, fact sheets, brochures and infographics;
- Cover project events through photography, blogs and reporting, prior to, during and after the events;
- Support in the development of community videos.
- Support communications component in workshops and reporting;
How to Apply
Send your application to Caroline.Gatuma@kdef.org with the subject “Communication Officer” by the 20th of January, 2021