Ref. No. NRS/298/122018
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Develop and implement a communication and awareness strategy, in alignment with the mandate of the RCU, and the goals and objectives of RSIF and that of icipe;
- Set up the channels and tools necessary for the implementation of the communication and outreach strategy, including digital platforms (such as a programme microsite, social media accounts and so on);
- Support the creation of a brand identity for RSIF to guide all representations of the Programme;
- Synthesise and translate programme information into targeted messages with definite calls-to-action, given the needs of various stakeholders and audiences;
- Oversee the development of innovative, compelling and focused RSIF communication products, leading all editorial, design, videography and photography aspects, for outputs including news items, human interest features, case studies, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets and so on;
- Ensure synergies between all communication products, tools and channels, and maintain efficient, proactive and timely dissemination of information actively and assertively seeking communication opportunities;
- Support the conceptualisation and implementation of exciting and impactful events as part of RCU and RSIF outreach and awareness, making sure that they attract the active participation of key stakeholders. Make strategies on the involvement and visibility of RCU and RSIF in external regional and international events;
- Manage all media aspects, including the building of a comprehensive media database, designing of effective strategies for continuous engagement, and media liaison (such as fielding enquiries and requests for interviews);
- Collaborate with RCU team members to map stakeholders and audiences, create and manage a mailing database, and identify strategies for extensive and effective distribution of communications products, while facilitating multi-way communication with RCU;
- Support internal and intra-agency communication by assisting in the preparation and dissemination of programme reports in a timely and effective manner, and effecting proper processes for sharing, documenting and archiving of materials;
- Support capacity building of RCU team members to function as RSIF spokespersons, and to enhance their credibility and legitimacy as thought leaders of the broader RSIF and PASET goals;
- In all cases, coordinate with the icipe Communications Unit to ensure adherence of the Centre’s set standards of editorial quality, content accuracy, messaging, timing and so on;
- Work with the icipe Communications Unit and Social Science and Impact Assessment Unit to develop a framework to monitor and evaluate RCU’s communications activities and compile regular reports accordingly.
- A relevant bachelor’s degree in science, social science, journalism, communications or other related fields.
- At least eight years of experience in conducting communication function for an international organisation.
- Qualifications in print and electronic media, development communication and information management are desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in writing, editing, designing, web design management, blogging, use of Web 2.0, and social media tools.
- Experience in supporting communications and media relations in a knowledge-intensive organisation.
- Ability to read, understand and assimilate complex technical information to produce precise, well-written summaries for a wide range of readership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.
- Knowledge of and skills in desktop publishing, HTML, photography and photo editing.
- Fluent English language skills, both written and spoken.
Other desirable attributes
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups.
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
This position reports to the RCU Manager.
The selected candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted up to 28th February 2019. Shortlisting is ongoing. Interested applicants should submit:
(a) a confidential cover letter;
(b) detailed CV with names and addresses of 3 referees (including e-mail addresses, fax numbers); and
(c) a statement illustrating suitability against the listed qualifications/competencies/abilities, and skills.
Candidates are required to apply online through: http://recruit.icipe.org
icipe is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equity, teamwork, and respect for diversity
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.