Communications Jobs at ACDI / VOCA
Based in Nairobi and working across the 5 Counties, the individual will report to the Communications and Outreach Director and be actively involved in planning, execution and management of all communication strategy to increase program visibility, communicating implementation progress and grow impact of the program.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting and coordinating the communications related to the Livestock Market System Activity.
Communications / Knowledge Management Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Provide support to Communications and Outreach Director to develop communications and outreach strategies, and implement all communication related activities;
- Draft, edit, review and ensure accurate translations of Livestock Market System’s communication materials and dissemination of briefings and speeches, news releases, success stories, talking points, Q&As, videos, radio spots, events and launches etc.;
- In collaboration with the Communications and Outreach Director and technical teams, oversee the planning, and organization of special events and activities that promote Livestock Market System’s awareness and management;
- Work with the head of department to ensure monthly and quarterly reports are produced and disseminated;
- Support the communications activities by rolling out a collaboration, learning and adaption plan for Livestock Market Systems Activity;
- Monitor effectiveness of communication to ensure Livestock Market System achieves its desired goals;
- Monitor news trends in Garissa, Isiolo, Marsabit, Turkana and Wajir counties;
Builds capacity and provide communications support to the technical team, to help them better communicate development and change.
Qualifications for the Communications / Knowledge Management Specialist Job:
- A degree in Communication, development communication or its equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in development communication and knowledge management with NGOs or private sector;
- Strong communications planning skills – understanding how to plan and implement the strategy;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and experience writing communications outputs: situation reports, case studies, and factsheets/briefings;
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information;
- Good skills in writing articles and pieces for internal and external dissemination;
- Proven ability to work as a team player;
- Preparedness to travel frequently in project counties including to remote locations is essential;
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume to [email protected] no later than November 1, 2017.
Please include the position title in the subject line.
Resume and related application documents shall be provided as a single attachment and list long-term employment history and any relevant short-term consulting work.
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.