Summary of Role
Reporting to the Communication and Knowledge Management Manager, the Communications Assistant will provide effective technical/practical knowledge management and communication services to support program activities. He/she will also ensure that the final communication and knowledge management products and events adhere to the USAID branding and marking plans.
- Facilitate, record and share action points of project meetings.
- Record and share recordings of all periodic meetings, including monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual project review meetings.
- Support the production and editing of information, education and communication materials.
- Support project staff to adhere to branding and marking plan.
- Provide coverage at public events to enhance the visibility of the mechanism.
- Support implementation of IntraHealth International Inc. Kenya Knowledge management and Communication strategy.
- Assist in design work for all project’s final products using InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, and or any other appropriate design software.
- Support the production of high-quality project documents and ensure adherence to the IntraHealth International Style and Citation Standards/Guidelines as well as compliance with USAID Approved Branding and Marking Plan.
- Maintain knowledge repositories in the staff portal to store articles, reports, concept papers and other project related documents.
- Develop and maintain a mailing list for distribution of communication and knowledge management products.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement to evaluate information adequacy and quality as well as staff and partner needs.
- Support photographic documentation of programmatic work in compliance with IntraHealth ethical guidelines.
- Media- Relations, press coordination and tracking in line with IntraHealth and USAID media policy.
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, public relations or equivalent qualifications.
- At least 2 years working experience with exposure to media industry in Kenya and USAID-funded projects
- Excellent writing, interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and work with diverse people at national, county and project levels.
- Demonstrated competencies in design and formatting of knowledge products such as education and communication materials, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation) in program implementation.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Presentation skills
- Public Relations
- Design and formatting skills
- Service Excellence
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
Click Here To Apply
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.