International Centre for Reproductive Health, Kenya (ICRHK) works in field of sexual and reproductive health, adolescents, maternal and child health and HIV/AIDs. ICRHK is also implementing measurement project including Performance, Monitoring for Action (PMA). PMA 2.0’s focus is to develop a transformational and actionable PMA survey platform that generates and disseminates data, which prove to be indispensable for governments, donors, managers and advocates through a sustainable, innovation-driven data collection platform. The data collection focus on family planning and reproductive health. The PMA platform is flexible to include other modules. Previous PMA 2020 project was implemented in 11 Counties: Nairobi, Kiambu, Kericho, Kitui, Kilifi, Nyamira, Siaya, Bungoma, Kakamega, Nandi and West Pokot. To inform family planning programs, statistically sound and internationally comparable data are essential for developing evidence-based policies and programmes, as well as for monitoring countries’ progress toward national goals and global commitments. PMA was designed to address this need. The Communication Officer will ensure a strong public profile and effective public and donor engagement for ICRHK’s multifaceted projects, through media, public relation and communications activities and the implementation of effective communications and media strategies.
To implement of a program-wide communication strategy for both internal and external audiences:
- Creation and development of print and online materials, website management and content development and press releases
- Participate in preparation of presentations and speeches to use for communication purposes
- Assist in coordinating communication activities and events for PMA project and the organization at large
- Develop creative ways to document programmatic processes, successes and achievements (e.g. through photos/info graphics/case stories, in periodic newsletters, brochures, briefs, website, social sites etc)
- Ensure that all activities comply with project communication strategy by following donor and ICRHK guidelines
- Take lead in dissemination of communication materials to relevant stakeholders
- Provide support in preparing periodic performance reports for submission to the donor.
- Draft case studies and relevant project documents and suggest recommendations on varied issues (as and when required)
- Develop key promotional messages in consultation with the project team
- Conduct awareness raising campaigns, events, information dissemination workshops, etc. for target groups
- Assist in capacity building on communication for staff and partner organizations.
- Participate in developing and evaluating feasibility, efficiency and quality of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials for the project
- Participate in donor visits for showcasing project progress and achievements
- Maintain documentation management system (hard copy and on network)
- Storing, sorting and maintaining database of photographs of projects and their activities.
- Conduct occasional research and writing assignments on ICRHK in diverse ways supportive to program goals, including internal learning, policy debates, opinion articles
- Participate in the ICRHK processes (training, assessment)
- Undertake the activities above in line with the associated budgets and with work plans, in ways that are consistent with ICRHK policies
- Tracking and maintaining project calendar.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public relations, communications, and journalism, or related field.
- 5-years’ experience in communication for health related
- Must have creativity in developing story lines; ability to translate complex policies into easily understood messages that reach a wide audience;
- Must have high level of English proficiency – written and spoken
- Good interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically interactive digital media
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences including general public, media to high-level decision-makers.
- Analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically. Skills and experience in communication programs, monitoring, review and evaluation.
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with government officials, community groups and other ICRHK partners.
- Knowledge of photography and digital camera use
- Demonstrated skills in program communication, development of Information, Education and Communication material, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation)
How To Apply
The deadline for application is Thursday 28th February 2019, 11:59 PM
Visit our Job portal to apply for this post
ICRH Kenya Job-Portal
N.B: Looking For A New Job? Find Your Next Job With Us. Click Here To Register Your CV. It’s Free.